leo finally arrived 15th oct

starsunshine

Reaction score
Leo was 14 days late!!!!! I started to lose my plug on tues 12th in the eve. By wed afternoon, I rang the hospital as I was loosing lots of blood and was worried. They asked me to come in to check if my waters had broken. Spent all eve there to find out they hadn't & felt a bit gutted as I was told my cervix was still tightly shut :(

I was due to be induced thurs at 11 so off we toddled to the hosp only for them to tell me I had started contractions (couldn't sleep the night before so that be why) and was 3cm dilated - woohoo finally my body was doing what it should be. i was in quite a lot of pain so was given codiene and told to walk around. We spent the whole afternoon walking around and at my nwxt check up I was in a lot more pain but still only 3cm!!!! Arg. As nothing was happening (again) and I needed pain relief the midwife contacted labour ward to see if I could move down there. She said there was an opening on the consultant led side but they would break my waters, put me on a drip and carry on my induction. I was desperate so said yes.

So at 6.30 I went to labour ward and was told it would be 30mins until the anethetist came to give me a epi. Was put on gas and air until then. By 7.30 I was asking where was the anethetist? At 9 they gave me morphine as my asthma wasn't holding out and the pain was unbearable (g&a did nothing!). The doctor came and broke my waters and told me I was still 3cm!!! No!!!!!!

at 11pm I finally got the epi woohoo and they put the drip in me. Everything was now fine in the world. I remember the midwife telling me that baby was in the wrong position, gazing at the stars! and they wanted me to lie on my side but they kept loosing his heartbeat so I had to stay on my back. I kind of drifted off after this.

At 2.30 am fri morning the doc checked me and said I was 10cm - I could hardly believe it. He told me I could start pushing but I couldn't feel when the contractions were so the midwife had to tell me. After 1hr pushing he still wasn't here so the doc gave me an episiotomy and went to fetch the forceps. When he came back he looked at me and said we don't need this, you can do it yourself. And I did! At 4.04 am Leo was born. He came out with his head up, gazing at the stars (or hosp ceiling!!!!)

I am so glad I managed to push him out myself and he is the most lovelist baby in the world. I am definately in love!

Huge congrats Rosie, hope you and you're little man are enjoying getting to know one another. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->