Leo Rileys entry to the world

Inge

Leo and Jamie
Reaction score
Leo was born 6:22am on 26th April 2011:cloud9:
I had a stressy day which involved my OH's ex (mum to his 8 yr old son) having a row at me in the street for no reason and again threatening no access for OH to see their son :nope: So I spent the day upset and watched The Walking Dead with OH and ham and pineapple pizza :cloud9: At 930pm OH answered the phone to ex and I felt a pop and heard it too :wacko: OH was downstairs and I sat up and my water gushed out. It was so much and I panicked :haha: After waiting what seemed like forever OH came back in and passed me a towell and I had to tell him what happened. We went straight to the birthing unit but they couldnt examine me in case I got an infection because my water had gone so I was sent home with an induction booked for Tuesday 9pm if I hadnt gone into labour by then.
We went home and I was having contractings at 4/5 mins apart and was phoning the birthing unti nearly every 30 minutes to say I couldnt handle the pains.
At 1:30am the contractions were every 4 mins and so strong and painful :cry: I was told to come in and see what could be done. I got there and was told it didnt seem like labour yet and it could be some time. I managed to get the MW to examine me and I was 5cms dilated :happydance: she was shocked I was so far as my contractions didnt seem strong enough yet :haha:
It was around 2am when I got into the room and started on G&A. It was great! It was like being drunk and I got such a woozy head, but it did really help. I was convinced I was going to poo myself as it really felt like I needed to push something.I dont know if I did but I heard MW rustle around with a sheet so I might have but I didnt feel it or care.MW said if I feel I need to push, then push as I only had a tiny bit of cervix to open up and id be ready to push.
I kept sending OH out of the room because I didnt want him to see me like that but towards the end I needed him to hold my hand and help me though it :cloud9:
I was knelt up on the bed leaning agians the headboard which was the best way I could find to push :thumbup: When MW said she could see the head I was so happy. The gas and air must have gone to my head as I was screaming "I want my baby" with each push :haha: and I kept zoning out and coming back round with each contraction. That last half hour felt like it wasnt me pushing but my body doing it itself which was amazing. OH held my hand so tight and it felt like he was so proud of me.
When it came to that final push I broke down and couldnt stop crying and OH cried too :winkwink: Leo was put onto my chest and fed for a little. We went home at around 12 midday tuesday 5.5hrs after the birth.
Leo wont latch on to breast feed properly and only licks the nipple and wont suck :nope: so MW is worried so we got some formula and Im glad he's going to be getting something to eat even if it wasnt my first choice.
He was also born with no ear cartalige at the top of his right ear but hes perfect :cloud9: He sleeps all day and was screaming most of the night but hopefully the FF will fill him up and help tonight. I had a little t:cloud9:ar of the outer labia but I didnt want stitches and I feel ok. Blood loss isnt too bad and Leo passed his check up this morning :thumbup: I cant believe im a mummy:cloud9: Thanks for reading :thumbup:

Congratulations again!! :D:D xx

thanks for all the messages :hugs::hugs:
Leo is looking a little yellow so MW is coming tomorow do check him again and he's finally getting the hang of FF. BF is not for him unfortunatly but I dont care as long as he's full and happy :cloud9:

Many congrats - you did a great job! And brilliant choice of name ! xx

Inge hunni huge congratulations, you did so well! he is bloody gorgeous u must be so proud xxxx

Awwwww fantastic, congratualtions, I love the name Leo too :flower:

Wev been doing as MW suggested with getting Leo as much sunlight as possible and hes looking less yellow now :thumbup: Hes having a check up tomorow to check his wieght as he lost almost the 10% he was allowed :cry: hes gone from taking maybe 15mls milk a time to average 60mls a feed :happydance: heaven knows where his appetite came from! I think its just taken him a few days to get established.
Also his cord is looking really fragile and im a little nervous hes going to fidget and it will come off and hurt :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->