Letrozole AGAIN during SAME cycle??

kjg123

Reaction score
Hoping someone out there can help me out with a question about Letrozole (femara).

My cycles are usually long (50ish days) so my RE started me on Letrozole this cycle. Never did clomid before. I took 2.5mg cd4-8 and had my cd11 u/s today which showed several small follicles on each size, all 10mm or less. I am waiting for blood work results but my RE mentioned i could try taking another 2.5mg of letrozole (or even 5mg) for another 5 days during THIS cycle if the 2.5mg dose wasn't enough.

Not sure whether I should give it a few more days and repeat u/s or just go ahead and start some more Letrozole while it's still somewhat early in the cycle.

Anyone out there taken Letrozole again same cycle? What was the outcome? What have other people done with no response at cd11? Definitely trying to maximize this cycle before moving on if at all possible as I think we are all quite anxious to get things moving :)

I did a double round of clomid a few years back. I think I did CD3-7 then failed to ovulate so I took then again somewhere in the CD20's and failed to ovulate again so we induced AF.

Fumera always worked for me (at5mg) but the earliest I O'd was CD18 and the latest was CD27. Not sure what you should do....it's still early enough that your follies might grow and you'll just O a little later.

Thanks for the response tmb.
CD16 and still largest follicle around 11mm. No sig increase in estrogen on labs.

My doc wants me to come back on cd21 for another U/S and bloodwork. If no sig increase in follicle size, she is going to have be take the femara again same cycle.

Anyone else ever done femara twice same cycle? Or had success with femara after cd16?? Wondering if i should give up hope for this cycle...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->