"Let's Cook" Group

Happy new year !!! :flower::flower:

I just cooked this half an hour ago
steamed seafood with noodles
I eat it with steamed rice..and the sauce i made..but don't worry about it coz you really don't need this sauce..i realized after i started eating that it's sooooooo goooood that i didn;t need it either...

ingredients (for 3-4 ppl)
seafood - i use 2 crabs (cut in half), 2 big squids (cut in small pieces), 10 prawns (shelled), didn't get any shells when i went to the market so didn't put it in
1 teaspoon of black ground pepper
3-4 gloves of garlic
3-4 table spoons of oyster sauce
3-4 table spoons of soy sauce
bacon (1 small pack)
1 teaspoon of sugar
coriander (use the roots as well) - 5 branches
2 packs of glass noodles ....soak in water until soft..then sift to get rid of the water

1. cut bacon in small chunks and cook in the pan..keep the oil .. separate bacon into the bowl that you want to cook in the steamer
2.mix coriander's roots with pepper, garlic in the pestle and mash until it turns into paste
3.mix the paste in the oil that's cook-d with bacon,add sugar, mix well
4.mix number 3 with glass noodle
5.put bacon in the bowl first...then seafood.and then top with mixed glass noodles
6.steam for 10 min (from when the water in the steamer's boiling)...during that time i cook the rice in microwave and they cooked at the same time :thumbup:

promise it taste sooooooooo goooood :thumbup: i'm stuffed right now just had some of it :munch:
it's very tasty and healthy too

Attachments

• DSC00682.jpg
    DSC00682.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC00684.jpg
    DSC00684.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC00685.jpg
    DSC00685.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1
Made this last week and it was good. I think it tasted better as leftovers the next day though:

Weight Watchers Beef Bourguignon:
2lbs bottom round roast, trimmed and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp olive oil *I found I needed at least 2 tbsp though, I was browning my meat in batches*
1 (14 1/2oz) can low-sodium beef broth
1 cup red wine
1 (16oz) package frozen pearl onions
1 (10oz) package cremini mushrooms *Cremini would have been better but I used plain white button mushrooms and they were fine*
2 tbsp tomato paste
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbsp fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1lb carrots, thickly sliced
2 tbsp fresh, chopped flat-leaf parsley

1. Toss beef and flour in bowl until evenly coated. Heat oil in large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef, in batches if necessary. Cook, turning occasionally until browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl with slotted spoon.

2. Add broth, wine, mushrooms, onions, tomato paste, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Stir in beef and reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour. Stir in carrots. Cover and simmer until beef and vegetables are fork-tender, about 30 minutes. Serve sprinkled with parsley.

PER SERVING (1 1/3 cups-- recipe serves 6): 8 points.

Very filling I thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->