"Let's Cook" Group

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
I love cooking and eating and I usually cook every day ,mostly Thai food..
So I like to share my recipes and would like everyone here to share theirs as well. It should be fun :winkwink:

PS: This doesn;t include baking tho cos we already have another baking group here

ohhhhh do you have a good recipe for basil chicken :flower: I love Thai basil chicken

im going to lurk around this group to get some good recipes :)

ohhhhh do you have a good recipe for basil chicken :flower: I love Thai basil chicken

I do
It's very simple and quick to cook
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QqPe0LvK4Po/SLG8LdnlAHI/AAAAAAAAAG8/ryNuieqn8rc/s320/%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B0%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%88.jpg
i steal this pic from another site:blush:
what you need*
chicken breast (1 fillet is enough for two) chopped or cut in small pieces as you like
a few chillies (more if you like it spicy)
basil leaves
fish sauce and/or soy sauce or both...1 teaspoon
few gloves of garlic (crushed..i prefer)
a tb spoon of oyster sauce
cooking oil
Knor powder (very useful for cooking any Thai dishes, but if you can't get it use a tiny bit of sugar)
* mash garlic, chillies
-2-3 tb spoons of cooking oil in the pan/wok ..medium heat
-once it's getting hot put mashed garlic and chillies in...just for 10 sec add chicken in and stir for a few min
-when the chicken is about to cooked ...add the rest of ingredients..
- if you like a bit of sauce ...add 2 tb spoons of water then turn the gas up high and add the basil leaves ...just for 5 sec...FINISH !!!

excuse my English :blush: without the chillies you can cook this for your kids:thumbup:

oh that sounds good! Thank you

i'm going to buy a new camera coz oh broke this g9 one...
so i can take pics when i cook

I love Thai food!! Please post some recipes. I cook a lot too, I will post anything interesting I make. :D

I loooooooooooove to cook. I do dinner at my house anywhere from 3-5 days per week.

I'll put up anything particularly yummy I try :)

here's a recipe for enchilada casserole that I make. Not sure if you can get the ingredients over there or not though....they can be hard to find here! If you can though it's really good :)

Enchilada Casserole

- a pound and a half of hamburger meat
- salt to taste
- 1 can of chopped green chiles
- 1 can of red enchilada sauce
- 1jar of taco sauce
- 1 can of mushroom soup
- flour tortillas
- cheese
1)brown the hamburger meat and salt
2)put other ingredients in until it becomes bubbly
3)tear flour tortillas into pieces
4)put one layer of flour tortillas on bottom
5)put on meat mixture and spread cheese on top
6)layer tortillas and so on and top off with cheese

I cooked beef with garlic & pepper for oh tonight

he said it was good

200g of beef (can use chicken , pork or prawns if you like )
mash 4-5 gloves of garlic with a teaspoon of ground pepper
1 teaspoon of soy sauce or half teaspoon of salt ,depends on what you have
i mixed everything together and leave for 15min before stir fried with medium heat....

Attachments

• DSCN0399.JPG
    DSCN0399.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 7
I cooked Korean beef and chicken BBQ with sauce and lettuce last night, but didn't take any pic,lol
i grilled a few prawns and gave Lincoln some chicken, he loved it

the basil chicken was delicious! Can't wait to have it again

MMM I am gonna have to cook up some basil chicken this week! Keep posting those recipes mylittlebubs! :D

Anyone know a good recipe for thai green curry? It's literally my favourite food but it never tastes right when I make it...

Anyone know a good recipe for thai green curry? It's literally my favourite food but it never tastes right when I make it...

the ingredients you get in UK and Thailand is different, but when i was there these were stuffs i used to cook with

- 1-3 tb spoon of green curry paste (depends how spicy you like, you can get
this curry paste in chinese store)
1 chicken breast, cut in small pieces , or prawns or seafood or beef or pork:winkwink:
1 -2 carrots depends on the size or broccoli . these 2 taste nice in green curry
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
1 can or carton of coconut milk (small one). it costed me one pound when i was there...

* coconut milk in the pot + 1/2 cup of water (or less if you like it thick)+curry paste, stir and add chicken when it starts boiling then veggie
* a few min then add sugar and salt
:flower: this is enough for 2 -3 people

Thanks! Think I'll have to find a chinese store. The pastes from supermarkets here aren't very good.

Just want to gloat about my delicious salad at dinner tonight..

I bought a pack of that "spring mix" from the grocery store that comes in the plastic tubs? It has like spinach and stuff in it..

Then added some small cubes of goat cheese (the way you would add cubes of feta to a salad),

Roasted red pepper strips, skin removed,

Sliced raw mushrooms

& put a sundried tomato vinagrette on top. (by Kraft I believe)...

SOOOO good. And I didn't really even do any work :lol:

I cooked this 2 days ago https://www.babyandbump.com/recipe-...recipe-healthy-taste-very-good-easy-cook.html
don't want to post twice,so please have a look...and try and let me know if you like it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->