Let's Keep Laughing!

dachsundmom

Mommy To A Needy Husband
Reaction score
Hi Ladies-

I hope that everyone is doing well! We all seemed to enjoy the "Things In Common" thread, so I thought it might be nice to keep the lighter side of things going...

So, let's branch out a little- what is one of the silliest things you've ever done or what do you do that makes you look at yourself and think "wow, I really need to seek help fast" lol. Sometimes my DH and DD look at me like I have two heads!

Here's mine: when I was 18, I decided to try and impress a guy I was interested in by trying to cook him dinner. I figured that grilling was something all guys liked, so I set out to light the grill and give it a whirl. Yes, it is time to start the eye rolling...Now, I had never lit a grill in my life and for those of you that aren't familiar with the process, one turns a dial to "light" and then presses a button to strike the flame. Needless to say, after 3 or 4 attempts with no luck, I decided to stick my face over it and press the button at the same time; I wanted to "see" if I was doing it correctly- lost my bangs, eyebrows, and part of my eyelashes that day!

My brows never came back; I spend 10 minutes every morning drawing them on, sometimes my DD says "Mom, you forgot your eyebrows today" lol. I have a drawer that has certain brow products that I use, depending on the weather...powder vs. pencil vs. gel! I am not kidding, lol.

BTW, I knew my DH was a keeper when he looked at me for the first time without makeup and said "damn, I thought those were real!" :happydance:

Your turn!

ace... another fun thread dachsundmom :thumbup:

a brief funny story - i must have loads of stories of being a bit of a womble!

I recently whipped my laptop out of its bag onto my desk one morning in the office... only to find a blue thong attached... i'd been travelling for work the day before... had travelled lightly packing all my stuff in one bag.... obviously i didnt empty my things thoroughly the night before... oooooooooh the red face!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

ace... another fun thread dachsundmom :thumbup:

a brief funny story - i must have loads of stories of being a bit of a womble!

I recently whipped my laptop out of its bag onto my desk one morning in the office... only to find a blue thong attached... i'd been travelling for work the day before... had travelled lightly packing all my stuff in one bag.... obviously i didnt empty my things thoroughly the night before... oooooooooh the red face!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

My oh my, how funny! I'm sure you gave the men in your office quite an eyefull. Lol. They probably can't wait for you to come to work now!:blush:

haha... yeah.. although the err.. older gents were suddenly engrossed in their work.. lol - being kindly diplomatic me thinks!

poor you - i've always worried i'm gonna do that - have come close a few times peeking in the oven when felt my mascara melt!

x

haha... yeah.. although the err.. older gents were suddenly engrossed in their work.. lol - being kindly diplomatic me thinks!

poor you - i've always worried i'm gonna do that - have come close a few times peeking in the oven when felt my mascara melt!

x

"Kindly diplomatic" is one way of saying it! Lol. I've not touched a grill since and I refuse too now. I'm just glad my eyelashes came back! To put it in a not so politically correct way, I'm Asian, I don't have much of any eyelid to glue false lashes to, lol. :wacko:

I had a call the other day from a colleague whilst I was sitting having my lunch and internet shopping at my desk, so he asked me to demonstrate to him via the screenshare function how I was running a certain report.

I told him sure no worries I pressed the screenshare icon and it promptly broadcast him the lingerie website I had been bra shopping on and forgotten to close, I could have DIED on the spot.

I had a call the other day from a colleague whilst I was sitting having my lunch and internet shopping at my desk, so he asked me to demonstrate to him via the screenshare function how I was running a certain report.

I told him sure no worries I pressed the screenshare icon and it promptly broadcast him the lingerie website I had been bra shopping on and forgotten to close, I could have DIED on the spot.

Hmmmmm, another lingerie related post. I see a trend starting, lol! :dohh:

Yeah, at least I wasn't wearing the undies I guess!

Seriously though, thanks for going off topic dachsundmom - the power of laughter is a good thing.

Hi Ladies-

I hope that everyone is doing well! We all seemed to enjoy the "Things In Common" thread, so I thought it might be nice to keep the lighter side of things going...

So, let's branch out a little- what is one of the silliest things you've ever done or what do you do that makes you look at yourself and think "wow, I really need to seek help fast" lol. Sometimes my DH and DD look at me like I have two heads!

Here's mine: when I was 18, I decided to try and impress a guy I was interested in by trying to cook him dinner. I figured that grilling was something all guys liked, so I set out to light the grill and give it a whirl. Yes, it is time to start the eye rolling...Now, I had never lit a grill in my life and for those of you that aren't familiar with the process, one turns a dial to "light" and then presses a button to strike the flame. Needless to say, after 3 or 4 attempts with no luck, I decided to stick my face over it and press the button at the same time; I wanted to "see" if I was doing it correctly- lost my bangs, eyebrows, and part of my eyelashes that day!

My brows never came back; I spend 10 minutes every morning drawing them on, sometimes my DD says "Mom, you forgot your eyebrows today" lol. I have a drawer that has certain brow products that I use, depending on the weather...powder vs. pencil vs. gel! I am not kidding, lol.

BTW, I knew my DH was a keeper when he looked at me for the first time without makeup and said "damn, I thought those were real!" :happydance:

Your turn!

Oh dear, my mum has no eyebrows, no accident she doesn´t have them, so last week she had them tattooed on and now she doesn´t have to draw them on daily, she is really happy with them and can even go swimming without looking permanently surprised.

just back from the ladies - had to nip there to put back to front jumper on the right way round.. ahem... :blush:

Yeah, at least I wasn't wearing the undies I guess!

Seriously though, thanks for going off topic dachsundmom - the power of laughter is a good thing.

I know I'm not supposed to go off topic, but I find if we can help each other remeber that there's always something we can laugh about, then we're winning the battle!

just back from the ladies - had to nip there to put back to front jumper on the right way round.. ahem... :blush:

Love it! Thank you for giving me something to laugh about this morning!

I have sooo many stories that make people roll their eyes and look like I need serious help :laugh2:

One of them did end up teaching me to check, double check and then treble check who I am sending emails to :blush:

Not long after DH and I started dating he took a trip to America so we emailed a lot, well one day I wrote a racy email telling him how much I missed him and how I was going to show him when he got home :winkwink: I was thinking properly when I went to the address book, clicked what I thought was DH's email (but was the one above) and sent the email to a close male friend instead of DH :blush: Thankfully the friend knew it wasn't for him as he & I share the same taste in men :) But it took a long time for him to stop winding me up over it :)

It could have been worse as my mum's email address is the one below my DH's :shock:

I have sooo many stories that make people roll their eyes and look like I need serious help :laugh2:

One of them did end up teaching me to check, double check and then treble check who I am sending emails to :blush:

Not long after DH and I started dating he took a trip to America so we emailed a lot, well one day I wrote a racy email telling him how much I missed him and how I was going to show him when he got home :winkwink: I was thinking properly when I went to the address book, clicked what I thought was DH's email (but was the one above) and sent the email to a close male friend instead of DH :blush: Thankfully the friend knew it wasn't for him as he & I share the same taste in men :) But it took a long time for him to stop winding me up over it :)

It could have been worse as my mum's email address is the one below my DH's :shock:

heehee that made me chuckle... my old flat mate did that in a text msg - but send it to MY Dad by mistake... :dohh: she avoided him for a while after that haha.... this being the same girl who came home after too many beers :drunk: and left a long rambling voicemail on her ex's phone about how much she luurved him etc .. woke up in the morning checked her phone & realised this time shed left the msg on his parents machine :rofl: those were our bridget jones years lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->