Let's speculate: vanishing twin, imagination, smiley face?

Kern

Reaction score
Had my first ultrasound and got measured at 8+1. my family brought this to my attention, there appears to be sac possibly to the top right of the image? I have no idea what it is but they're convinced it's a twin

Thing is no one said anything about it during the ultrasound and we only found one heartbeat at 175bpm. So let's have fun, what do you think? :shrug:

https://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e98/kiwitastic1Nugget/image.jpg1_zpss9qxkcfb.jpg

https://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e98/kiwitastic1Nugget/image.jpg2_zpsjnyauaoo.jpg

Sorry, I can't imbed a picture on this site on my iPad.

To me it doesnt look like a sac or vanishing twin. It looks like a hematoma (blood) to me. Nothing bad though its normal if yoh have spotting due to that. If you do bleed, it will be that. You can even search it. Its nothing to be scared of. Ive never had it but i searched before on this.

The pictures will not load for me :/ I would have thought that if it were a vanishing twin type thing OR a hematoma either would have been mentioned by the sonographer. Shame I can't take a look tho, the links just aren't working for me.

No that's not a another sac. It's always best not to read too much into ultrasounds, trust the sonographers. If there was a twin they would say. They aren't allowed to keep information away from you.

Do you mean the black area? If so that's most likely your bladder.

Agreed. I just had vanishing twin and that elongated black spot looks more like a hematoma or just your bladder. If they had any inkling of a twin they have to/would have said something? Congrats on a lovely scan pic though! Keep in mind I am not a sonographer lol just a crazy lady with a lot of early scans ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->