Let's talk about breastpump

Maries_s

Reaction score
I know the most popular brand around breastpump is from Medela. I personally had the Medela PISA and I still have the manual breastpump from Medela. However, I've been doing research about other options and found that Spectra is a good breastpump with more features than Medela. For example the close system.

Recently Medela company introduced the new Medela Sonata but I haven't see a lot of reviews about it. Probably because is really expensive in comparison to their own products and other brand breastpump.

Have you tried the Medela Sonata or Spectra? What do you think?

I have the Lansinoh and it's the only one I've ever tried as this is my first baby. I wish we could test pumps to figure out which works best! I'm planning to get a Spectra next time around. It sounds really great from what I've read in reviews. I haven't heard anything about the new Medela, though!

The Spectra is very similar to the Sonata, according to my breastfeeding group, much more affordable and a closed system.

I ended up getting the Spectra S1 I haven't try it officially but the suction is great and more gentle. Also is a close system with is a most for me. I'm not in love of Medela anymore!! However I bought the adapter to use my Medela parts on my Spectra if I need it.

I bet you'll love the Spectra! I'd love to know how things compare once you've been able to use it regularly, i.e. if you have greater output, it's more comfortable, etc. I'm pretty sure the S2 will be my next pump, assuming my options don't change before then. I only get a new pump every 3 years through insurance, so it'll be a while before I get the chance to try it. I'm pretty sure the S1 is the one with the built-in rechargeable battery, right? Man, that would be nice.

I bet you'll love the Spectra! I'd love to know how things compare once you've been able to use it regularly, i.e. if you have greater output, it's more comfortable, etc. I'm pretty sure the S2 will be my next pump, assuming my options don't change before then. I only get a new pump every 3 years through insurance, so it'll be a while before I get the chance to try it. I'm pretty sure the S1 is the one with the built-in rechargeable battery, right? Man, that would be nice.

Yes, that's the only difference between the S1 and S2. I heard that some insurance allows you to pay the extra cost for and upgrade to the S1.
I will update soon about the outcome :happydance:

Oh, that would be nice! I'll have to look into that next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->