Let's Talk About Membrane Sweeps

xSweetTartx

Reaction score
Hello everyone! :) I have a pretty straight forward question for those of you who have already had your babies or are on baby number 2 or 3 and so on.

This question is also for moms who believe that their membrane sweep is ultimately what sent them into labor.

If you had a successful sweep, how dilated and effaced were you and what did you do on the day that you got it done? :)

They didn't work for me in previous pregnancies, but I am more dilated than I have ever been so who knows? :haha:

I was 3cm and 50%, had a sweep and it did nothing. I was induced at 40wk

I had 2 sweeps with my second baby. Was at 40+2 and 40+8 both times was 2cm. Gave birth 40+9 x

I was 1cm got a sweep at 2pm on the Weds had my son 1am on the Friday so 35 hours later. I lost my plug and started cramping straight away. I kept active, I was getting irregular contractions all day Thursday so I stayed on birthing ball. In the end i went from 4 cm to delivered in less than 10 minutes so I think my body was ready but I needed the little push from the sweep.

I am hoping that's all I need. Last week, I was 3cm and 75% effaced and I am hoping to have dilated a bit more by my appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->