let's talk hunger and weight gain

melissalynn

Noah's Mum!
Reaction score
Some days I cannot get enough, I literally eat from sun up to sun down.
Other days I have no appetite and have to force myself to eat.

I am 16 weeks and have only gained 3lbs. I am worried my doctor won't be happy with this as I should have gained more. I haven't had any sickess so it isn't like I couldn't eat for the first tri.

How about you guys?

That's actually totally fine, first tri you shouldn't gain any and if you do less than 3 lbs. And then second tri it's about a lb a week. So 3lbs at 16 weeks is totally normal. As long as you're eating regularly and healthily, and feel free to cheat every now and then for your sanity lol, there's nothing to worry about. :)

I started out with a BMI on the higher side, not obese, but definitely overweight.
I have not gained a thing.
My doctor has not been worried at all and I'm almost 24 weeks, now. I honestly have not had a huge appetite my entire pregnancy. I'll feel like I need to eat and eat a LOT, but then I'll only be able to finish half of what is on my plate.
I'm sure I'll end up gaining soon, as the little guy will double in size over the next 4 weeks, but I'm happy where I am right now.
I know I'm eating when I'm hungry as I should, other than that, my body's doing what it thinks is right, so I'm going with it. Definitely not going to try and force any weight gain!

Sounds just fine to me, try not to worry. I just go with how I feel, like you I have days where I'm starving and can't get full and other days where I'm just not interested and I'm going through a just not interested phase this week but I know my body will make up for it at some point no doubt. Baby will take what it needs so just eat well and try not to stress :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->