Lets talk wine! (for newbies and experienced please!!)

OnErth&InHvn

Mom to 4
Reaction score
I am new to wine. I have tried a few.

Boones farm Strawberry hill $2.99 @ Kroger – Tasted better more you drank. Not tart. Got me pretty tipsy on New Years. :blush:
Arbor Mist Strawberry White zifendale $5.99 @ Kroger – burn type taste.
Beringer white zifendale $5.99 @ Walmart – fruity but a bit tart

Im new to it all. I actually have no idea what im doing. I want to find something thats fruity but not tart or is so bitter/strong i want to spit it out.
Now you hand me a mixed drink and im GOLDEN. Simple grape mixtures such as wine and im LOST! :shrug:

I love wine and it must be white and very dry, the dryer the better and im the same with champagne as well

At the moment my fav is a pinot grigio and its a New Zealand wine

I love wine! My favourite white is Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc or a Pinot Grigio. My favourite red is Rioja. I mostly drink white wine in the summer and red wine in the winter.

I adore wine! Unfortunatley it does not adore me! Doesn't stop me drinking a couple of bottles! :haha: i prefer pinot grigio (or however it is spelt) but to be honest...i really can't tell that much of a difference. :blush:

I love reds, pinot noirs are just mouthwatering

I'm a red wine drinker personally, must be good quality though. My fav (last time i drunk it prepeg lol) is Castillo San Lorenzo Gran Reserva. Thank god its often on offer at tesco or i'd be soo broke!

I hate wine.............every wine i have tried i dislike BUT i really really really wish that i could find one i liked LOL i like the idea of a glass of wine with dinner rather than a vodka and coke hee hee..........!!! a friend told me the more you drink the more you become to like it and you develop a taste......? not sure that is true anyhow..................will i ever find a wine i like? or if i hate the majority is it pointless even trying?

maybe i should try a fruity one? any reccomendations?

This is my favourite https://www.snooth.com/wine/charles-smith-merlot-velvet-devil-2009/

I usually go for Echo Falls zinfandel but any nice Rose will do me!

I hate wine.............every wine i have tried i dislike BUT i really really really wish that i could find one i liked LOL i like the idea of a glass of wine with dinner rather than a vodka and coke hee hee..........!!! a friend told me the more you drink the more you become to like it and you develop a taste......? not sure that is true anyhow..................will i ever find a wine i like? or if i hate the majority is it pointless even trying?

I'd recommend buying something expensive..lol Sounds silly but I used to go for cheap wines as I wasn't a fan but as soon as I'd gone for something better I started liking them and understanding what I did and didn't like. Cheap wines just don't do it for me, they taste too vingery and sharp. Rose is a easy drink if you are a sweet person (vodka and coke I'd say is sweet) and slowly introduce different wines and see what you like. Whites don't keep well so try get small bottles if trying new ones, but Reds will keep a week or so really well, some keep longer but you slowly get a manky taste coming through! lol

Yeah - get a good bottle of medium dry wine. I don't think you will like anything too dry, so possibly a good Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc will suit. Try Ernest and Julio Gallo White Grenache as well (its a rose) - it doesn't taste too wine like xxx

Second the gallo..used to be my favorite when I was a newbie winey. I loved the turning leaf white. Then I got into red...mmmmmm

Châteauneuf du Pape, Domaine Pierre André, 2004 - Abel & Cole £27.00 - £5 off it's normally £32 :dance: (I had to copy and paste the name from my online list as it's quite long!) it's a spicy, complex wine and quite bold and has a very long finish and is quite strong at 14%. :flower:

I'm a big fan of vintage red wine and my favorite is between a vintage pinot noir or a vintage Barolo :flower:

I love wine & cheese! two things I can't have much of now I'm on a diet :cry::cry:

ooooooo OP looks like we have some wine tasting to do!!!!

silly question but how much should i spend on a wine as in what classes as 'expensive' iykwim

i will def Try Ernest and Julio Gallo White Grenache to start with x

Well for me I'd say anything under about £8 is manky but its each to their own. I generally try to make sure to buy a vineyard wine rather than a tesco finest wine lol. I really don't know much about wine, its just my experience. So if a real winey appears here please take their advice not mine! haha

I like cheap wine. :blush: I love a nice Lambrusco or Moscato, but my favourite is Arbor Mist kiwi-pomegranate. Classy! lol

i love wine (pefer bubbly tho!), I dont know a whole lot about it, but I can tell a really really sub £6 bottle. Would like to know more :) I always get confused where on the bottle it says like "hint of banana and raspberry", Im like ummmm no it tastes like alcohol :haha: I cant get any individualo flavours from it. xx

If you like 'sweet' wine, you should try a californian rose zindanfel...its quite sweet.

I tend to like a variety of wines. I prefer californian rose (but I think that is because they are sweet) and I like australian reds.

I like whites too...but I don't really drink them that often?

i love wine (pefer bubbly tho!), I dont know a whole lot about it, but I can tell a really really sub £6 bottle. Would like to know more :) I always get confused where on the bottle it says like "hint of banana and raspberry", Im like ummmm no it tastes like alcohol :haha: I cant get any individualo flavours from it. xx

LOL. I always look at that part too and wonder, where is this ___ im suppose to be tasting?

and yes apparently i need a wine tasting. :wine:

as far as expensive or not, i dont know that either. I DO know the Year made is *important*. A 2011 wine isnt as good as a 2009 wine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->