Lets talk wine! (for newbies and experienced please!!)

I hate wine.............every wine i have tried i dislike BUT i really really really wish that i could find one i liked LOL i like the idea of a glass of wine with dinner rather than a vodka and coke hee hee..........!!! a friend told me the more you drink the more you become to like it and you develop a taste......? not sure that is true anyhow..................will i ever find a wine i like? or if i hate the majority is it pointless even trying?

maybe i should try a fruity one? any reccomendations?

If you like 'sweet' wine, you should try a californian rose zindanfel...its quite sweet.

I tend to like a variety of wines. I prefer californian rose (but I think that is because they are sweet) and I like australian reds.

I like whites too...but I don't really drink them that often?

There isnt a wine i have tried that i like they all seem to taste the same...........i def think sweet/fruity something that doesnt taste so winey iykwim....would be somewhere to start so i will work through a few more expensive bottles that people suggest on here and hopefully find 'THE ONE'........:haha: i so want to be a wine drinker its sad! ha ha

i had a bottle at a restaurant and it was this

Merlot Cusumano, Sicily

anyone know where i can buy it? Iv looked so many places and cant find it :(

We are Huge wine lovers in this house. In fact, we make our own as well as buying others. My husband loves a good sweet white and I love dry reds.

First, lol, Boones Farm is Not wine! *giggle* It's actually, if I remember correctly, a flavored "beer". I only know this because when I was 18 I lived in England and they allowed you to buy beer products on base. Boones was one of the things we were allowed to buy! LOL

Second, what you should really do is find somewhere that does wine tastings. Some places you have to pay, some are free, some you pay first but if you buy a bottle you get what you paid for the tasting back. This way you can taste a bunch of different kinds of wine. It never fails that the most expensive bottle is the one I like the best, lol. I don't think we've ever bought the most expensive one, but it's funny! Anyways, this will give you a jumping off point: Do you like sweet or dry best? Do you prefer sweet red or sweet white? Or dry red or dry white? Do you like Chardonnay? Etc etc. Then when you go to your local store, you can find wines that fit in with what you know you like. Still experiment though because you never know what you'll find!

Also, rule of thumb, sweets can go in the fridge but dry's are supposed to be served at room temp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->