Letting baby cry?

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
How long is it okay to let them cry for? She cries so much, I can't put her down for a second without a huge screaming fit. She won't even sleep out of my arms unless shes been out for the count. Yesterday she went 10hrs before she let me put her down long enough to have a real nap

Have you thought about putting her in a sling? This way your arms are free but she is still next to you. I know it is frustrating, but she will grow out of this. Right now, she doesn't even realize she is a seperate person. All she knows is you,your smell, your movements the sounds of your body. It just takes a little time for a baby to adjust to the world around them.

Do you have a bouncy chair or cradle swing or anything??? If you do, put her down but stay and rub her tummy and give her a dummy if she will take it. Thats also where c0-sleeping can kinda backfire also if you have a really clingy baby.

I would put some music she likes on, gets her nice and relaxed with a dummy and then set her down, where she can watch you.

I do think babies need some kind of routine... even from the start, which people may not agree with.

But for example... every day when Jasmine gets up we do her change etc, and feed, and then she goes into her bouncy chair while I make and have my breakfast and then make up more bottles/formula etc. I always keep her where she can watch me, we put her music on etc.

Then I pick herup and hold her for awhile or try and play with her, she has her bottle and usually a nap n the morning. So once she falls asleep I have my shower etc.

And then the afternoon we usually watch tv and nap or whatever together.

Evening I do more bottles and make my dinner she she is back in her bouncy chair. And then at some point I give her a bath and then we snuggle on the couch some more until she goes to bed.

There hve been days where I cant set her down either, usually if she is going through a growth spurt.

But they do need to learn some independance from the beginning and setting them down for a half hour or so, they will get used to it.

I am going through this right now with my daughter. Although its not quite the same as your situation because she is older. But in your situation, like the other girl said, slings work wonders. And IMO it is wayyyyy too soon to let her "cry it out"

I think like Ryder says you could get into a routine of putting her down at certain times - she'll cry but if you know she's fed, clean etc. then you can go do some thing for a short time. I put Hebe in her swing in the morning after her feed and she takes her dummy and sometimes has a bit if a cry but she soon settles down for a nap. I have left her to cry (not screaming her head off obv) for 10 mins or so, just going back and offering the dummy but often she wines a while the nods off without it. :)

I also used a sling a lot when Hebe was Renah's age.

katie gets like this at bedtime. i make sure she's well fed and clean then put her in bed. she moans for a bit, but she does settle herself. she does start and stop tho. at first it took her ages to settle, but she's getting reallyy good at it now!

I agree with Ryder.
TRY to do things that calm her down,snuggles,rubbing her tummy and place her in her bouncer or swing,these have been my lifeline from day one.
After her feed I put her in,wind her music box,give her her pacifier and she'll eventually nap away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->