letting hubby choose name?

ShirlWirl

Reaction score
I have lots of beautiful names for a girl but can't think of anything for a boy! I have 2 boys so I love their names but can't think of anything as good or better so I told hubby I'm leaving it up to him. Now he's winding me up by mentioning crappy names that he likes lol! I can't wait to see what he's picked!
Oh, we don't know what we're having but I'm sure it's a boy and so is he :)

You can always veto certain names, lol xxx

Yeah! I have vetoed everything so far but he has been winding me up! I won't know the name until it's born which is kind of exciting! I know he wilk pick a good name :)

You're braver than I am! I'd never let OH have free rein to choose a name lol

you are so brave!!! i push the baby out my vagina therefore i choose the name!! x x

I have to agree with the other ladies, you carried for 9months, you changed your life, gave up whatever vices you had (mine was wine and lots of caffeinated soda pop) so you really should have final say.

That being said, hubby should DEF be a part of the naming! I do regret that...I sort of forced hubby into our soon-to-be daughter's name, which he is OKAY with, but doesn't LIKE or LOVE it...I've already started calling her by that name, so it's like, what to do? I can't picture her with another name. Maybe that will change though.

According to your count down thingy, you are more than far enough to have a scan tell you the gender, unless you're wanting to be surprised? If so, you have MUCH more self control than either Nick or I did! LOL

We've taken turns. My last son he picked first name and I picked the middle name, this time I picked the first as he picked the middle. I feel he has just as much right to name as me. He supports me theoughout pregnancy, and is an active parent for the child's entire life. 9 months is so short in the scheme of things.

I can wait to find out the gender when it's born but no way I could stand not knowing the name!! lol

My partner and I chose both names by each making a list of names we liked, after going through a WHOLE BOOK of names, and then taking the ones we BOTH liked and going through the meanings, people with the name, just how it sounds when said out loud with our last name, etc. My partner would NEVER just let me choose the name, and I wouldn't let my partner either.

My Mum let my Dad choose my name. (FTR - Dad was in the British Army for 23 years)

Put it this way.... my initials and surname also spell out a particular weapons system.

Exactly how much do you trust your Hubby? I worked out what Dad did when I was 13 yrs old and I remember the chuffed looked on his face as he congratulated me. Mum is STILL blissfully unaware.

That is all.

:(

Oh my goodness, you're a very brave lady leaving that job up to your OH!! We are both going to make our own secret lists......then we'll compare and discuss, and hopefully come to an agreement x

No way would I let hubby pick the name! We agree a name together. With our daughter I had her name in my head for years - hubby didn't love it but nor did he dislike it either. I kept calling her that when i was pregnant and he came round, and now he admits to loving the name. I'm working on a similar track with our boys name this time too, as we can't quite agree. Hope it works! :shrug:

It's a joint decision here - we made the babies together, we will raise them together, so we also name them together. It does mean compromise, we have both had to give up on names we love because the other doesn't like them, but we feel that we both need to love the names we end up choosing as we will be using them for the rest of our lives, and don't want any regrets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->