Leutal Phase

Round2

Lucky Mom of 2
Reaction score
Quick question.....my LP is 11 days....is that too short? My last pregnancy eneded with a MMC and my LP was 11 days. My pregnancy before that was successful and my LP was 14 days. Just wondering if anyone has ever asked their doctor about this?

Hi there, I'm wondering the same thing... I have a 28 day cycle, but have O'd on CD 17/18 my last 2 cycles... I've tried researching... some sites and forums say that 10 days or less is too short, some say that 9 days or less is too short... I sure hope 10-11 days is long enough! I guess I'm going to have to go and see my Dr! :-( I'm interested to learn if anyone has had a successful pregnancy with a 10 or 11 day LP!

I have a 14 day luteal phase so I dont have any experience with it, but I have heard that anything less than 10 is a problem. If thats true then 11 should be fine. I have some friends with short luteal phases and they have been able to lengthen them by a day or two by taking vitamin B6. If your interested maybe you could research it, it might be worth a try. :shrug:

I feel that my LP is perhaps too short as well and maybe that low progesterone was the reason I MC. I actually read that anything less than 12 days was something to discuss with your doctor but maybe I'm wrong since a couple of you read 10 days. I've been trying to do a vegan type diet (and for a girl that LOVES chicken and cheese, it hasn't been easy) but less animal products is suppose to keep the estrogen levels lower to help increase progesterone. I didn't know about the B6, thanks Vanilla! I have been taking Chasteberry for a month now too.

Ya, I've read about both numbers. Some doctors say 10 or less, others say 12 or less. I'll definately mention it to my doctor, but I was just curious if anyone had discussed this with their doctor yet.

I've also read that taking B6 and B12 can lengthen your LP. I get nervous taking anything without my doctors opinion first though.

My doctor didn't want to talk to me about a possible progesterone problem until August if I wasn't PG yet. The thing is, my next cycle starts next week, the first week of August. I really hope he doesn't say, try for one more cycle b.c I swear, I might go postal! :bike:

Ya, I think I've been into see my doctor every week since my m/c and I've had 6 u/s. Luckily my doctor is really good. I'm sure she'll listen to my progesterone issues too. I'm on vacation next week though so it will have to wait.

Good luck with your doctor, hopefully they'll listen and give some good advise. Keep me posted on what they say.

I have also a LP of 11 days and had recently been trying to research if that was a problem. I have one healthy little boy and an angel girl (her heart stopped at 27weeks) so I'm guessing its ok to have an LP of 11 days as we were lucky and didnt "try" for either pregnancy (this is assuming my LP was the same then, which I think it was as my cycle length is roughly the same now as it was then).
I have read the B6 helps lengthen LP (but you need a high dosage and I was worried about taking anything which is not the prescribed dosage) but a lot of opinion was tha 10 days or less could be a prob
x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->