Lewis Christopher - 6lb 15oz - induction

faylou

BFP after mmc & chemical
Reaction score
I gave birth to my beautiful baby boy Lewis Christoper Cooper on 23rd August at 8.40am. My story is a positive induction experience.

I was five days overdue and watching the new series of X Factor when I sneezed and my waters broke - I just said 'uh oh' and ran to the toilet. I knew it was my waters cause they gently gushed for over half an hour. I called the hospital and they told me to come straight in for monitoring. When we got to the hospital they confirmed it was my waters which had gone and did a baby heartrate trace for an hour. The baby was happy and so we were sent home to wait for labour. If it didn't start we had to return at 8pm on Sunday.

Well after a sleepless night with excitement and then a day of washing floors and bouncing on my yoga ball, nothing happened. So off we went all packed up on the Sunday.

I was given a sweep and a pessary at 9pm and left until 3am. When they examined me again there was no change - my cerivx was softening but not lengthening or dilating. By this point I was just really tired and really bored!

They then started the cintocin drip - warning me it could be painful and very intense very quickly. I was slightly petrified but tried to stay calm. Nothing much happened until 5am when I started to feel regular contractions which were manageable but really uncomfortable. The midwife put a tens machine on me to help (which it did). By 6.30am I was in real pain and asked for an epidural. I had decided that if this was the early stage of labour I would never last to the end without an epi and I was so so tired at this stage. Luckily the midwife agreed to get it done asap. The anaesthetist was with us within ten mins and started to set up - he said it would take about 40mins to an hour. The midwife did a quick examination before he got started and said I was 3cm and fully effaced. I was relieved that something was starting to happen. The epi went in without any pain or trouble and he left the room just after 8am with a test saline sample inside. He said he would come back in half an hour to see if it was in the right place and then administer the anaesthetic.

No sooner had he left the room than I started to feel a bearing down sensation. I told the midwife that I thought I needed to push. She didnt think this was possible but agreed to check me. She then said I was fully dilated and the babies head was low and ready to be delivered. I started to cry with shock! I then started pushing for my life and Lewis slid out at 8.40am after only 20 mins of pushing. I didn't need any stitches and was so pleased to eventually have him in my arms!

Whilst I was really worried about the induction I needn't have been. I ended up delivering with no pain relief apart from a tens machine! Pushing was the easiest part for me and I really enjoyed delivering my baby into the world. I wouldn't say it wasn't hard work - but he was worth every second! :blush:

congratsu- the 1st positive induction birth story I've ever heard!

wow congratulations really nice to hear such a positive story! Hope you and the wee one are well x

congrats on little Lewis' arrival! Can't believe you got from 3-10cms in such a short space of time - bet you were glad you didn't get that epi now! Well done again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->