Lh surge

kmo1996

Reaction score
I had sex yesterday at around 10am and around 11pm at night I took a fertility test and it was saying I have a lh surge... What are the odds that I'm going to get pregnant?? Thank you!

No one can tell you the odds of whether or not you will get pregnant. Also I think you will need to give some more info so we can help you better. When you say "fertility test" do you mean OPK? OPKs do not test for fertility, they test for lutenizing hormone which surges and helps the egg release from the follicle. You had an lh surge which means that you may ovulate 12-36 hours after the surge. If you do ovulate AND the sperm has good swimmers AND you have quality cervical mucous you will most likely have a 15-20% chance of conceiving this cycle. it is always good to have sex at least 2 times at your fertile window to make sure that swimmers get to where they need to go. Are you charting, temping, checking CM to ensure ovulation is actually happening? Also, you can have multiple lh surges in a cycle so this surge may not indicate O. FYI I had multiple lh surges after a progesterone withdrawal challenge and I was not ovulating.

I know I put a lot in my response but we really need some more info in order to best help you. Good luck and I will definitely check back in with you!

By fertility test I got a home one I think it is called @home I'm not temping or anything I just thought maybe I would get lucky!

No one can tell you the odds of whether or not you will get pregnant. Also I think you will need to give some more info so we can help you better. When you say "fertility test" do you mean OPK? OPKs do not test for fertility, they test for lutenizing hormone which surges and helps the egg release from the follicle. You had an lh surge which means that you may ovulate 12-36 hours after the surge. If you do ovulate AND the sperm has good swimmers AND you have quality cervical mucous you will most likely have a 15-20% chance of conceiving this cycle. it is always good to have sex at least 2 times at your fertile window to make sure that swimmers get to where they need to go. Are you charting, temping, checking CM to ensure ovulation is actually happening? Also, you can have multiple lh surges in a cycle so this surge may not indicate O. FYI I had multiple lh surges after a progesterone withdrawal challenge and I was not ovulating.

I know I put a lot in my response but we really need some more info in order to best help you. Good luck and I will definitely check back in with you!

I would say your chances are good, sperm can live up to 3 days in a fertile environment which you had, and you could have ovulated 12 hours after your opk.

We all have varying degrees of fertility, some men have more healthy sperm than other men, and some women release more and better eggs than others. Chances of getting pregnant every cycle is 25% but that's just an average.

Good luck!

By fertility test I got a home one I think it is called @home I'm not temping or anything I just thought maybe I would get lucky!

If you are really wanting to get pregnant asap you may want to consider temping and charting in addition to OPKs just so you know when you ovulate. If you are more NTNP at this time then you can probably just keep on going and hope to get lucky. Either way good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->