Lifting and now terrified.

Tweeks

Reaction score
I lifted my daughters spare car seat out of the shed and to the lift in my block of flats and now I'm terrified of placental abruption or that I might have pulled something. I feel so stupid for carrying it. Any reassurance? I'm losing my mind with this pregnancy. December can not get here quick enough.

I spend the day carrying round my 24lb 10 month old, I have placenta previa and it hasn't caused an abrupion. You will be fine honestly :)

Thanks Maryanne. I know I'm being ridiculous. I just need reassurance from ladies in a similar position, my partner tries his best but he can't reassure me like my fellow pregnant ladies can.

I worry over everything too, your not alone. I'm going to be a paranoid mess by the time this pregnancy is over lol.

I think I'll need counselling again at this rate. This is our last baby so I'm trying to make the most of this experience but I hate the uncertainty.

I carried my son's car seat all over the airport, while carrying him lol. If you're feeling OK, you likely are :)

I still carry 40lb feed bags... midwife is still giving me the ok for it just lift a little more carefully but I have noticed if I lift or shift more then a few around I'll get a sore lower back. ;) We live on a farm, I just think"what did women do 100 years ago?"
Unless your mw or doctor has told you no lifting etc you are probably fine.

I have to carry 50lbs sacks of potatoes at work every week (up until two weeks ago when they finally let me stop lifting them!). Lifting a car seat....you will be fine.

My ds is 19 kgs and cant walk.
I lift him a lot every day
Up and down stairs.
I hve no choice and so far hasn't caused any harm
Beyond a niggly back.
Which I hve anyway :)
I'm sure if ur not in really bad pain
Then everything is fine xx
But I get the worry
Hugs xx

I lift wheel chaors in and out of cars daily as well as lifting people from chairs beds ect but people is always a double effort I do ache more than normal but its never caused me any problems :flower:

Thanks ladies. I know I'm being silly. I shouldn't be lifting things due to my balance and co-ordination anyway but I was in a peed off mood waiting for my partner to do it. :blush:

I still lift my 30lb toddler when I have to as my husband works away sometimes. Most of the risk is to the mother since our bodies are full of hormones that relax the muscles. If you haven't felt any ill effects it shouldn't be an issue

I'm still being asked to lift huge boxes of washing powder at work and I've had no problems 😊 I suppose if you're carrying yourself right you shouldn't cause any damage. But still be careful anyway of course.

I carry around my 36 pound toddler daily, lift weights, and heavy duty clean! Your fine!! Promise. Baby is very protected in there!

My ds is 19 kgs and cant walk.
I lift him a lot every day
Up and down stairs.
I hve no choice and so far hasn't caused any harm
Beyond a niggly back.
Which I hve anyway :)
I'm sure if ur not in really bad pain
Then everything is fine xx
But I get the worry
Hugs xx

I also need to do this with my 15kg dog just now! I keep getting told off by OH but I think if it feels ok, it probably is.

I still lift my kids (22kg and 18kg) and do weights, whoever started this idea that picking anything heavier than a piece of paper up in pregnancy was bad for you thing needs a good slap around the head. Humans and our pregnancies are not that delicate or we would never have made it so far.

I can't imagine that a car seat is even heavy anyway.

If lifting something heavy started labour then when all of us hit 37 weeks we'd just go lift something heavy and the baby would come. I wish lol!

I still lift my kids (22kg and 18kg) and do weights, whoever started this idea that picking anything heavier than a piece of paper up in pregnancy was bad for you thing needs a good slap around the head. Humans and our pregnancies are not that delicate or we would never have made it so far.

I can't imagine that a car seat is even heavy anyway.

If lifting something heavy started labour then when all of us hit 37 weeks we'd just go lift something heavy and the baby would come. I wish lol!

This :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"