Light, Bright Red Bleeding, 10 weeks 5 days

Chiochick

Reaction score
So, today I noticed some bleeding when I wiped. It's bright red. It's not heavy, but it's seemed on and off.
I'm not really cramping and I don't really feel "off"
I'm just sooooo scared.
I called the hospital. They said to watch it and to call them if I fill a pad an hour or develop a fever.
I do plan on making an appointment with my doctor tomorrow.
I guess I'm just looking for advice to get me through tonight
:cry: :cry: :cry:

It is so rough to go through, I also had spotting this pregnancy. It seems that it can be pretty common with a perfectly healthy and continuing pregnancy, especially if it's light. Maybe it could be cervical irritation? Not to get too personal, but especially if you've had sex or been constipated it can happen. I will be thinking about you and watching for a happy update!

I've scheduled an ultrasound today at 11:30 so we'll see. I bled a tiny bit more throughout the night. I'm so terrified that this is the start of something.
And I wish it was due to dtd because then I'd have an idea of what caused it but we haven't for a few days :S
I'll update after my appt.

Hope everything is okay. I have had light bleeding in both my pregnancies at the end of first tri/beginning of second tri. Apparently it can happen as the placenta really grows and starts to take over the process of nourishing baby. This is when the baby officially becomes a fetus instead of an embryo, and happens at the end of week ten. Hopefully that's all it is for you. Good luck!

Thank you ladies. I'm so nervous.
I'm just scared that it's the "start" of something bad :(
Googling isn't helping much either. Ugh..

Noo, stay away from Google, it's never good. Like justplay91 said, it could be the placenta taking over, or it could be a subchronic hematoma. Something comforting from Google: "Subchorionic hemorrhage (subchorionic hematoma) is the most common sonographic abnormality in the presence of a live embryo. Vaginal bleeding affects 25% of all women during the first half of pregnancy and is a common reason for first-trimester ultrasonography."
A lot of women have light to moderate bleeding from this and everything is just fine :)

Good luck to you. :hugs: so sorry you are going through this scare.

Well, news is mixed.
It is a subchorionic hemorrhage.
The dr wasn't too reassuring about it tho..
She said she was concerned because mine was very large and did cause bleeding.
She said 50% of the time, it will heal itself and all will be well. But 50% of the time, the hemorrhage will detach the placenta and baby will be lost.
I have another ultrasound booked for the 16th to see how it's doing.
It's so frustrating because there's nothing that can be done either way and baby is perfect!
(S)he is growing perfectly and the hb was 174. Very active. Baby's growth is at 11w1d but they're leaving me at 10w6d
So for the time being, I need to rest, have plenty of fluids, no lifting and no DTD

Here's a dose of happy:
Sweet little peanut :cloud9:

https://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz235/ChioChick1/Mobile%20Uploads/20160901_124743.jpg

fingers crossed you will have good news in a couple of weeks! praying for you.
your baby is beautiful :)

take care of yourself x

Hoping and praying the hemorrhage passes on its own and allows the placenta to attach the way it wants to. You have a beautiful baby in there :)

I'm 9+1 according to my scan today Dr mentioned that I have a subchorionic hematoma as well but no bleeding or spotting she did not seem concerned about it! But I'm super nervous about it but baby like yours is doing great! I'll be praying for both of us and our lil beans!!! I have total faith all will be fine!

My thoughts are with you as well! My dr said they were very common and usually resolved on their own. She's just worried because mine is really large.
Hoping for a happy, healthy pregnancy for you!

Well, news is mixed.
It is a subchorionic hemorrhage.
The dr wasn't too reassuring about it tho..
She said she was concerned because mine was very large and did cause bleeding.
She said 50% of the time, it will heal itself and all will be well. But 50% of the time, the hemorrhage will detach the placenta and baby will be lost.
I have another ultrasound booked for the 16th to see how it's doing.
It's so frustrating because there's nothing that can be done either way and baby is perfect!
(S)he is growing perfectly and the hb was 174. Very active. Baby's growth is at 11w1d but they're leaving me at 10w6d
So for the time being, I need to rest, have plenty of fluids, no lifting and no DTD

Here's a dose of happy:
Sweet little peanut :cloud9:

https://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz235/ChioChick1/Mobile%20Uploads/20160901_124743.jpg

I cannot believe your doctor gave you 50/50 odds when actually 80-90% of SCH pregnancies go full term without complication!
I have a 3cm sch. It was discovered 3 weeks ago and fortunately I have not bled yet.
Do you know the size of it?
1 out of 4 pregnancies have a sch, it's actually one of the more common things to have in pregnancy.
Join a support group! I'm on one on Facebook and hearing all the good stories helps ease my mind and you can ask questions to women who have been through it.
Feel free to message me anytime if you need to talk!
Relax mama, you'll be fine :)

Sch are quite common! I have not had one, but I have seen many, many women here on bnb with one and I don't believe I have ever seen someone lose a baby because of one. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but I think your chances are much better than 50/50! Beautiful scan pic, by the way. :)

I was diagnosed with an SCH at 9 weeks, my dr was very lax about it and made it seem like no big deal. Mine is pretty small though, in the scan you posted yours looks much bigger...just make sure you rest and don't strain over anything...and pelvic rest is most important. I'm friends with a lady on here that had a very large SCH and even bled enough to soak through her pants...that baby is now 2 yrs old!

Big :hugs:

Thank you all so much. I'm just a wreck. I was shocked at those odds too because this was actually an instance where Google seemed to give me more reassuring advice than dr.
She didn't tell me the size (and I didn't know to ask)
She just kept commenting that mine was pretty large so it could cause problems.
I'll definitely be checking out the fb support group.
Can't wait for next scan on 16th to see if anything has changed.
I'm not having any pain but I am continuing to spot but it's brown instead of bright red.
I've just been laying in bed most of the time and letting LOs watch tons of TV :blush:

I missed my period on August 23rd. Took a pregnancy the same night it was negative. 3 Days later I tested again and got a very faint line. That night I started to spot. the next day it got heavier, I went to the ER they told me my hcg was 42 that's why the line was so faint, and then sent me home, they didn't answer any questions, I felt so lost. The bleeding continued for 3-4 days and now it stopped. I decided to take a test today because I was feeling nauseous and my hubby has been vomiting a lot, I just knew it would be negative because of the heavy bleeding and clots, but the lines were dark as ever and it said positive. So confused because before the bleeding I went from no line to a faint line and now after very dark

Any advice?

I had bleeding bright red and very heavy at roughly 11 weeks, I also had a large SCH, she explained in complicated terms and then basically said as baby and placenta grows there could be more bleeding but hopefully it will be squished to the wall of the womb and cause no further problems, I had a few days a few weeks later with very light spotting I'm 27 weeks now and all is fine :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->