Light brown spotting 11+4?

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
Now I'm in a panic. After a busy day with much activities and possibly getting a little dehydrated I came home to find some light brown spotting in my underwear liner and I'm trying not to panic.

I plan to call my midwife and leave a message, and I don't think I should mark it as urgent since it's brown but I'm still freaking out.

It could be nothing, it happens a lot, but I wouldn't leave it without seeing someone. With DS I spotted brown once & it was nothing, I panicked & freaked out, but with my last pregnancy I also spotted brown at almost 12 weeks, I didn't make a big deal out of it, but I went to the gyn to be on the safe side, unfortunately it was a mmc at 10w 5d

I'm not trying to freak you out, bleeding & spotting during pregnancy is common, but it also could be something more serious.

Hope it's nothing xx

I called my midwife and she said to try and not worry that brown is alright and to call her if anything changes. My doppler is at home and we're staying at my in laws for the night after going to a friends memorial service, never felt so homesick as I am wishing to hear baby's heart beat, we heard it a few days ago but if I could hear it tonight I'd feel better.

((hugs))
I had brown spotting from week 6-10 and it sucked big time. I had a scan every week but was still freaking out.
Last week at 12+4 I suddenly started spotting again, like you, my Doppler was at home and I was on vacation.
The spotting only lasted a few days this time. I'm guessing it was excitement, heat, dehydration, everything rolled into one. I heard the HB twice since returning.
Dehydration can definitely cause spotting, make sure you relax and drink a lot.
Keep us updated <3

Any spotting can be frightening, especially after a loss. My mc began with very early on brown spotting which turned pink and a speck of red. After several ultrasounds, no sac or baby ever developed. I mc naturally. I got preg immediately after that and had red bleeding and cramping and clots at 12 wks and everything was fine. If your doc isn't concerned then try to stay calm. As long as it doesn't turn pink or red then try not to worry, chances are everything is fine.

Nina - I'm glad you're hearing baby's heartbeat <3 So scary to start spotting on vacation! I'm thinking mine might have been from the heat and dehydration as well so today I've been trying to drink more water. I did better with juice and cooled ginger tea though.

Steffie - That's what got me so scared is that when af starts it always starts out brown. But I'm trying to remain calm as my midwife wasn't concerned. I'm glad everything is fine with you and bubs now.

Tomorrow's my u/s and I'm so nervous. I'm having cramps but mostly in my legs rather than my abdomen and that's normal for me, or at least it has been since the start. Lately my leg cramps have gone away but I think with the busy day we had yesterday my muscles forgot how busy we can get lol!

I had light brown spotting with my ds. I was about 10 - 11 weeks. There were two possible explanations they gave me.

First, this is the time when the placenta takes over. Your body will often expel any extra blood in the form of brown spotting.

Another possibility... they told me at my 20w scan that i had several large placental lakes. They were totally inconsequential but i was told they can cause light spotting in the first trimester.

My spotting was light light brown. My ob said it was fine but to call back if it got heavier, turned a rusty color, or if there was bright red blood.

I hope everything is ok. Big hugs and relax! Spotting is scary but commonly seen in healthy pregnancies.

I'm glad to hear that both reasons weren't seen as serious and turned out to be fine.

Today I've been fine, some leg cramps and I feel like my stomach is seriously swollen this evening but the cm has gone to a yellowish color. I hope it stays that way.

Just a quick update that today's u/s was amazing, we saw baby wiggling around and had a heartbeat of 150. Made my own heart feel like it stopped <3 Going to continue to take it easy until my next midwife appointment in 2 weeks.

Attachments

• 20140602_102759.jpg
    20140602_102759.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 9
Wow!!!! What a great pic! Congrats hon :)! Soon you'll get to that reassuring time where you feel baby moving and kicking :) So pleased for you!

Great ultrasound pic! That Lil one looks further along than 12 weeks. So glad you had a good scan. &#128516;

Thank you! I'm so happy and DH was speechless when I showed him the u/s pic:cloud9:

Wow what an amazing pic! I agree deff looks further on than 12 weeks. Did they give you a date? X

From my first u/s at 6 weeks they said 6 weeks on the money but now I'm curious if baby looks further than 12 weeks. The tech was kind of crabby and any question I asked her she just gave me a "your doctor will contact you." That I would mostly understand but when I told her she was getting a bit rough for a moment she totally ignored me and kept zooming the darn thing around.

Now I'm trying to be patient while I wait for my midwife to call, it will probably be a few days before she receives the results.

That's terrible!!! I looked back at my scan and I think if baby had been higher up and not right at the bottom of my womb would of been like yours so maybe your dates are right.

It's different here when we have a scan the report gets typed up while you wait and put into your maternity notes so you can read everything straight away x

I was really surprised how high up she was scanning around, I figured baby was supposed to be lower:shrug: Maybe because I'm a small frame my uterus popped up sooner? lol

That would be so nice! I wish they did that right away over here like they do there... here we have to wait for our results to be sent to the doctor then they call us or see us. Although my last u/s the tech told me everything as we went, this one was just a crab. I had better have a super awesome one at the 20 week scan.

She was scanning really low down on me and did have to press really hard. She told me that baby was tucked right at the bottom and must be comfy lol awkward thing! Least your baby was playing ball :)

Great picture! I'm so pleased it went well!

Haha oh Clacko, although it was tricky I'm glad you got to see baby :)

Thank you Nina!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->