light headed in standing?

sophie22

Reaction score
I noticed this morning (in 13th week) I was getting at times very light headed on standing. It is something I've had before but it was the first time I checked my blood pressure on a home monitor once sitting then standing, and on standing the top number did actually drop by about 20. usually when it had happened I have checked and it didn't seem blood pressure related. I did note there is a massive difference between my pulse rate on sitting to standing. It will be like 70 then go up to 100. It does level out a bit I think when I've been up a while.
I am sure I have read getting light headed when standing is normal in pregnancy and it hasn't done it this evening. I guess I'm just being a worrier! any experience anyone?

Yep, I had this through most of the first trimester and a good portion of the second. It doesn't happen as much now, although it seems to have been replaced by me feeling light headed when I get hot.

Yep, I had this through most of the first trimester and a good portion of the second. It doesn't happen as much now, although it seems to have been replaced by me feeling light headed when I get hot.
oh yes! I get it when hot aswell. I was sat in the car earlier and getting a bit panicky because I felt weird and was scared I was going to get all faint. It isn't nice!

I've had this for awhile. I'm normally on the low side so adding pregnancy to my already low bkood pressure makes for a lot of dizzy spells when going from sitting to standing. I have to remind myself to get up slowly.

Thanks it is good to know it is common. even before pregnancy I've had it at timed. generally my Bp is just normal but I have taken it when I bed and it has been on the low side. which is in total contrast when at the doctors they always tell me it is on the higher side but I get that white coat hypertension so it is hard for them to get a trustworthy reading!

I have this all the time and almost faint every time I stand up :( I have quite low blood pressure so the midwife put it down to that.

Yes expecting my fourth and everytime I get faint and lightheaded. Mainly when walking or on my feet. So I have to keep sitting down all the time. I used actually pass out when pregnant with my first. X

It's called postural hypotension and is really common in pregnancy, try not to rush too much getting up

I was getting it a lot. When I had my blood taken I was found to be aneamic. Now I'm on iron tablets it's not happened for a while.

yep, it's quite common in the second tri. it's usually because of the blood pressure dropping, if it's happening often then it may be iron related as well.
the mixture of low blood pressure and low iron isn't very nice.
if after increasing your fluid intake your still getting dizzy quite a bit then ask your midwife to check your iron levels

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->