Light spotting during early pregnancy - 4 wks

linz143

Reaction score
This is my second time being pregnant and my first one resulted in my daughter, born completely healthy. During that pregnancy at 12 dpo I had a little bit of pink spotting one time followed by brown spotting on and off for a couple days. Had a beta done and the pregnancy was continuing fine. They chalked it up to implantation.

Last night at 13 dpo I got a small gush of pink on the TP when I used the restroom and a few times after that I've gotten very scant brown spotting. Called my dr and they set up a 2 pm appointment over the phone today so he can order a beta for me again.

Does this sound ok? I'm very worried now and freaking out that this pregnancy is on it's way out. I know it's extremely similar to what I had in my first pregnancy, but I guess I just need reassuring stories that this is normal and fine before I lose my mind with worry. :nope:

Also, I did not take a test yesterday because I ran out, but 10 dpo - 12 dpo my test were getting progressively darker like they should and this morning I woke up with food aversions and slight nausea.

This is my second time being pregnant and my first one resulted in my daughter, born completely healthy. During that pregnancy at 12 dpo I had a little bit of pink spotting one time followed by brown spotting on and off for a couple days. Had a beta done and the pregnancy was continuing fine. They chalked it up to implantation.

Last night at 13 dpo I got a small gush of pink on the TP when I used the restroom and a few times after that I've gotten very scant brown spotting. Called my dr and they set up a 2 pm appointment over the phone today so he can order a beta for me again.

Does this sound ok? I'm very worried now and freaking out that this pregnancy is on it's way out. I know it's extremely similar to what I had in my first pregnancy, but I guess I just need reassuring stories that this is normal and fine before I lose my mind with worry. :nope:

Also, I did not take a test yesterday because I ran out, but 10 dpo - 12 dpo my test were getting progressively darker like they should and this morning I woke up with food aversions and slight nausea.

Hi there

I had the same with my first pregnancy and this time too. I think last time it stopped at about 8/9 weeks so I am half expecting the same.

Sending good vibes your way and hope all ok.

X

I had implantation bleeding from 9dpo-13dpo. It was just like I would spot before AF, and exactly when I would normally spot before AF too. I didn't even think I could be pregnant because it just looked like I was gearing up for AF.

I did have a little spotting around week 4, and then a bright red moderately sized bleed at the end of week 5. I was diagnosed during week 5 with a subchorionic hemorrhage - which is the most common reason for spotting/bleeding during early pregnancy.

For you though, it might really just be implantation. But if you continue to spot, bleed or pass TINY (not the size of your hand) clots, it could be from a subchorionic hemorrhage. Just ask your doctor when you get your first scan to look for one.

I'm sure you're fine. :hugs:

Thanks for the positive words, ladies. I feel like it is going to be fine, but there is still that part of me who needs to hear it from someone other than myself. Thank you for sharing.

Just wanted to update that I got my beta results back from Friday and Sunday and the results were 210 (friday) and 629 (sunday). So the spotting was not anything bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->