Lillian has arrived

firstbabe

3rd Trimester
Reaction score
Hi everyone. It has been a while since I have been on this site. I didn't have e-mail at home until today. I was at work on January 22 and at 3:30 PM my water broke. I went into the next office and told my coworker what had happened. Everyone in the room had to come over and discuss what I was going to do. They wanted to drive me to the hospital, but I told them that I wasn't having contractions at the moment and I could drive myself. So after 15 minutes of everyone talking to me about it I went to my car. I made it to the hospital in 30 minutes. I called my husband and my mother and told them what was going on. I admitted myself to the hospital and they got me hooked up to an IV and started the pitocin. I had been having contractions for at least two days so once the pitocin hit I was having major contractions. My husband was finally able to get to the hospital 4 hours after I called him. He couldn't get away from work. I was intending to have a natural birth, but then my contractions were coming every 40 seconds and lasting a minute and a half. I had the nurses check me and I was only 3-4 cm dilated so I had an epidural. By this time I was exhausted because I hadn't slept the whole night before so I was able to go to sleep. After about 2 hours I woke up because I was feeling pressure. I had the nurse check me and I was fully dilated. I was ready to push. It took me an hour and a half to push my little girl out because one of the nurses turned off the pitocin and my contractions were only coming every 10 minutes. I was almost falling asleep between them. Finally at 2:50 AM on January 23, Lillian Camille was born weighing in at 6 lbs. and 10 ozs. and 18 inches long. She came out with her eyes wide open. I have already decided next time if I have to have pitocin I am going to get another epidural. Sorry this was so late getting posted.

Attachments

• dscn0094 (2).jpg
    dscn0094 (2).jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN0128 (2).jpg
    DSCN0128 (2).jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 25
she's gorgeous. congratulations and beautiful name!!

She's absolutely beautiful!! Congrats!! I love the second picture!! :)

Congratulations hun she is beautiful x

Congratulations!! What a beautiful little girl!

congratulations hun your baby girl is beautiful

Lou
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back