Lily-Mae is here!!!!!

I hope everthing start to goes better really soon, She's so cute

UPDATE SAT 22ND MARCH 2008 @ 8PM

Well after a long afternoon we finally got a plan for Lily sorted with hosptail Lily is now coming off cpap for 1 hour twice aday as long as she cope which she did when she came off to day then on monday it will be doubled and then on wedn it'll b increased 2 3hrs and then on thrusday or friday she will be transfered back to blackpool as long as all is well. feel so much better just for ahving a plan. Her Hb has dropped down to 9 so she's having some blood tonite as well which im sure will make her feel even better.

https://i28.tinypic.com/2s7v1fs.jpg

She's such a sweetie :)

Pleased you feel a bit happier now that theres a plan in place for her :)

xxx

Congrtulation on the birth of lily, she is beautiful. xxx

In the NICU Im at they do blood gases every 12 hours to see if they are giving the baby enough or too little oxygen. Do they do that there? Im just curious because in the 2 months Ive been at the NICU , Ive never seen them take the baby off the CPAP a few hours a day

Lily had a blood gas done on saturday which was showed her ph at 7.37 which is best she had so on that ground thats when they introced the weaning of 2x 1hour periods off aday.

Some place's wean off pressure not on time off. Lily hasnt had another gas done since then as she has given them no reason to say that she cant cope if however she started to play up whilst off or in the hour after being off then they would repeat her blood gas. She's only on twice weekly fbc and u and e's. She's been on cpap now for 2 wks, well actaully it was bypap for first 2 days so she's been on normal cpap for 12days now.but she's very stable and they wont bleed her unless they feel she is stuggling.

You only do a gas if u intend to change somehting or if u have recently changed somehting so thier no point in babies like Ella.

Hope that hellps. Ive had 4nicu babies before and allmine have been weaned on time off, first they comeoff for an hour then its doubled then eventually they end up on for 6 off for 6 and then on in days off in night till time on cpap is can be stopped. Lily is'nt being weaned to come off as they expect her to need it for another 3-4weeks she is being weaned mearly to manage transfere to our local hosptial, she has to be able to come off for 2.5hrs. When she has been transfered they wont continue to increase time off as it was just for transefer so it will stay same for a while whilst she grows xx

aawww hunni congrates firstly and good luck she looks like a fighter xxxx

gosh so tiny! Like a perfect little doll.
How may weeks was she when born? Hope all is going well.

Wow. How did I miss this post?

Congratulations on your little girl. I hope she is doing well! :hugs:

Lily is so sweet and what a fighter she is. I will keep her in my prayer .

Congratulations on your little girl, I wish you all the luck in the world and I hope she will be home soon.
Luv Cheryl xxx

Congratulations on your tiny bundle of love!!!
Shes gorgeous....

Great name BTW, my little girl is called Lily-May:baby:

OMG my baby girl has been in air all night. Gosh she's doing so well at the moment she just needs to grow. It amazes me cos she nearly 33wks gestation now and doing so well. To look at her you would never know how bad her brain damage is ect... but i suppose thats a good thing it means if nothing else i can really enjoy her as a baby with-out worry that people are staring at her...

That was one of the hardest parts with Tj was that cos his head was misshapen and he had cuts from opps people would stare he became the HAT BOY lol.

If she manages of her 02 which so far so good only thing left for her now is to grow and learn to feed, she holding her temp well at moment but theY would like her to be 3lb+ to go in cot. It madness we could have her home in around 4 weeks if she carry's on.

Cant belive she's 7wks old today its gone so fast xx

https://i25.tinypic.com/2gw5e3d.jpg
OMG HOW CUTE CAN A BABY BE XXXX

https://i31.tinypic.com/2a85jbn.jpg
IS IT BIRD IS IT A PLANE NO ITS MY BLOODY BOOBS LOL:) THE ALL IMPORTANT 1ST BREASTFEED ;)

https://i26.tinypic.com/zkfk2c.jpg
Me and Lily-Mae xxx

hiya ive just read through this whole thread you lo sees like such a fighter! its good to read that shes improving :)

good luck

I've just read this whole thread, total inspiration.

My little boy was born at 28 weeks and is now a strapping 2 year old :)

I hope your beautiful little girl continues to make good progress and that you have her home very soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->