Lily-Mays complicated birth story

Lea21

WTT
Reaction score
Sorry its long!!

I was due to be induced on Tuesday 31st as I was 14 days overdue!! Monday morning around 2am I woke up soaked & presumed my waters had broken & as I had group b strep had been told to go in even if my contractions hadn’t started, had to wait for my partner to get home so set off for hospital around 11am.

When they examined me they said my waters hadn’t gone :( but as I was due to be induced the next day they may aswell kick things off with a pessary, so they gave me the first one around 12 midday then sent me up on the ward.

Spent all day just sat around waiting for something to happen with hardly any checks from any midwifes, had another pessary 6pm that evening and began having cramps overnight which I told them about, as I had group b strep I kept repeating that I needed to get on anti biotics drip if im going to be going into labour!!

We sat around from 11am until 3pm until someone finally came to see me & gave me some pethadine!!! She examined me & said I was 2cm dilated & my waters HAD broken!! They sent me down to labour ward to start the drip to kick off contractions….by the time I was checked I was almost 5cm dilated & contracting naturally so they gave me my anti biotics drip as I needed it every 4 hours during labour…..!!

By around 7.30 I was 9 & half cm dilated & was pushing & pushing, completely spaced out on gas & air!! Around 8.30pm I was told babys head was wrong way round!! All that pushing had hardly done a thing!! Was told I may need to go into theatre & a epidural was suggested, I was telling the midwife I didn’t know if I could stay still enough!! As I wasn’t trying to push anymore my body was doing it naturally!! They done it anyway & I managed to stay still enough!!
I was wheeled into theatre in immense pain & was told the baby would need to be turned manually & then pulled out with forceps!! Which was THE most painful experience of my life!!
The midwife told me after if we hadn’t got her out with the last push it would have been a emergency c section!! And at 9.55pm my beautiful little girl lily-may was born!!

My Little girl was a bit battered and bruised from all the turning & forceps but she is 100% perfect, but due to my anti biotics not being administered on time she had to have a drip (which made me cry) & we had to stay in hospital until Friday!!

Still in shock over the labour a lil but Lily makes it worth it!!

Attachments

• Picture0006.jpg
    Picture0006.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member