Lily of the Valley

keekeesaurus

NTNP or something like it
Reaction score
Old lady perfume or sperm magnet?

I'd forgotten all about this but I was just watching QI (UK quiz prog with Stephen Fry, absolutely brill and I learn something new every time - a bit like here really!)
Anyway, sperm love LOTV apparently...who'd have thought?

"How does putting perfumed sachets in your drawers help conception?

It drives sperm wild.

Human sperm are attracted by the smell of Lily of the Valley. It appears sperm have 'noses' which they use to navigate towards a woman's egg. Researchers experimented with a range of floral fragrances and Lily of the Valley came top, getting the random sperm wiggling in the same direction at twice the normal speed.

The research was carried out at Ruhr University in Germany in 2003. They discovered a new sperm protein, hOR17-4, which acted as an olfactory receptor for sperm in exactly the same way as protein sensors in the nose detect smells. They then tested their new sperm 'nose' on hundreds of synthetic compounds, many of them used to mimic floral scents in commercial perfumes. One of these, bourgeonal, is used to create the Lily of the Valley fragrance. It had two dramatic effects on the behavior of sperm: doubling its speed and changing undirected swimming behaviour to direct movement. The 'foot to the floor' effect seems to derive from hOR17-4 making them wag their 'tails' harder."

P.S. I really didn't know where to put this so I started a new thread. Maybe there should be a 'weird things that are thought to aid conception' thread???

Hilarious keekeesaurus! I already feel ancient enough, not sure I can bring myself to wear Lily of the Valley as well!! :haha: :haha: :haha: Oh well, needs must for the geriatrics.........

I heard that spermies are attracted to barking noises!

So, while you are BDing, bark a bit for good measure!

:rofl:

ok so the question now is...how do we get our eggs to smell like LOTV??? lol

Wouldn't you want the sperm swimming in the opposite direction of your panties? Maybe I'm confused?

Omg !!! this is bloody hilarious :rofl::rofl: just told OH and he said No way it would be like :sex:with yer granny!!!! :haha:

The whole of this thread just makes me :rofl::rofl::rofl:

If any of you ladies work out how to incorporate LOTV into your TTC plans do share! :winkwink:

been contemplating this problem ,,,, lotv and our nether regions ...... answer turkey baster ????? :haha:

I can just see us getting down to some serious sexy time and OH stopping and saying "what's that smell?....it smells like....pensioners."

Well If I get any of those bogging Lilly of valley gift boxes for Christmas from spinster aunts I know what I'm doing with mine !!! :thumbup:

I would not mix it with Preseed cause that goes everywhere...talk about those swimmers getting lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe if you spray LOTV on your tummy, they might smell it and swim upwards to get to it???? lol

Wouldnt fancy spraying it up my Vajayjay!!!!

So...I'm supposed to bark AND shove perfume up my cooter? Meh. Sounds like every time I have sex.

:D

Oh SuperAwesome I love your sense of humour. I love how crude you are.

I need to ask you why the hell you spray it on your face though..... boobies yes! Face no!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->