line drying clothes...

veganmama

Reaction score
hello :flower:

ill be moving to a small flat soon and i really dont like the thought of a drying rack in my living room.

does anyone have any tips for air drying clothes in a flat in a non ugly way? xD

Do you have space in a bedroom or cupboard for an electric clothes horse? You can buy retractable clothes lines for over the bath. My best tip is the round things with around 24 mini pegs meant for socks and underwear are great for sleepsuits and vests for the wee one. You just hang vests at the buttons on the crotch and sleepsuits you fold on half and hang by the toes. Hope you get some more and better ideas though. I know what a nightmare it is as lived in a flat last year x x

You can buy this thing that goes in the bathroom it aattaches to one side of the room to the other and you hang clothes on.

I hate tumble dryers so what i do is have a clother airer in.my kitchen and take it down.when.not in use and hang them over banister, radiators, doors im lucky as have so much space to dry clothes i also have a massive double lenght line in my back grden but i rarely use it i.prefer drying indoors as makes the flat smelly lovely.

We stick ours in the basement. Takes ages to dry down there though.

u put my clothes horse in my bedroom..

xx

Mines is in my hallway. Much prefer outside drying though!
I think the over the bath thing is a great idea and the knicker dryer is good.

Get one of the concertina folding tall dryers rather than a long clothes horse as it takes up less space?

Folding clothes horses are great for drying clothes inside :)
I much prefer outdoor drying, but we rarely get the weather for it!

thanks ladies a folding clothing horse looks perfect

We have a tumble drier which i dry mine and OHs clothes in when i can't get them out on the line but i have a small clothes horse in the corner of our bedroom which i put LOs clothes on. x

We have regular clothes horses and they're in the 3rd bedroom, I really like the Idea of an electric one though, may have to have a google!

We used to shut it in the bedroom during the day on airers and had tops and shirts hanging off the curtain rail with the windows open. Get a dehumidifier if you can afford one. Drying indoors, especially in winter when you want the windows shut, can cause damp and it'll help your washing dry quicker.

I couldnt stand the cloths horse, so i spent money on a tumble dryer, We do about 5 loads a week and havent noticed an increase on the electric bill (its B rated) so might be something to think about if you have the space.

The electric clothes horse we had was awful (it was the one from lakeland) it cost an absolute fortune to run and frankly didnt seem to dry anything any quicker!

The round 'knicker' dryers are fab as someone already suggested, i even use those line drying outside to save space :lol:

I got rid of my tumble dryer :D Not used in about 2 yrs now. I have a clothes horse and use it outside or in the conservatory x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->