liners and wipes

kate.m.

Mummy to Travis
Reaction score
I was just wondering which ones everyone recommends? Ive been browsing ebay, and have seen some nice cheap ones on there. Some of the wipes have been hemmed/stitched round the edges, and some havent, obviously the 1s that haven't are cheaper... does it make a difference? For the wipes could i just buy a big bit of fleece and cut it up myself? Also, which material is best? Ive looked at fleece wipes because they are cheapest- does bamboo/microfibre/velour make a noticeable difference?

Same questions about the nappy liners too really!! I read on here that fleece is best for keeping little bottoms dry? but what about cuddlesoft or minkee?!

confused!!!!! :wacko:

liner wise I have fleece, however 99% of my nappies are already lined with fleece/cuddlesoft/minkee so I rarely use liners but its nice to have them there incase I need them.

Wipes wise...I have some fleece wipes I made myself out of a fleece blanket (blanket cost me £1 )got about 30 wipes from it. They are fine for wee but not for poop use as it tends to smear a bit! I prefer my double sided wipes for poop, one side is bamboo towelling the other is either fleece or cotton (I got a mix), the bamboo towelling is super good for poop and the fleece/cotton side is nice for a final wipe over.

Yep smeary poo isn't nice! My favourite wipes are velour or terry on one side and fleece on the other.

I made my wipes - I cut up an Ikea fleece throw and some Primark cotton terry tea towels and blanket stitched them together. They're not the softest but they work well, especially on poo (a lot better than disposable wipes, IMO, as they are bigger and stronger); Adam likes them soaked with warm water (he squeals with delight, strange boy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->