Lingering sperm?

MadisonsMomma

1DD[5.1.12]&[TTC]
Reaction score
My husband and I have been TTC #2 for a few months now...tonight I am having cramps, EWCM, ect. and took an ovulation test tonight and its super dark, test line is darker then control. Problem is my husband is away for work all week. We did it less then 24 hours ago before he left...wondering what our chances are? I know sperm can linger but Im thinking maybe this month just isnt gonna be it...again... oye! Ive yet to catch ovulation this dark on a test so of course hes gone.

Hi,
So are you saying you did it less than 24 hours before you got your + OPK? If so, you are definitely still in. The month I got pregnant with my daughter we dtd 3 days before O as I also had to go out of town. I totally thought we were out but to my shock I got a BFP a few weeks later! Hang in there and good luck!:wacko:

From what I've read it can live 5 days or so in there. You are still in the running for sure!

Yes less then 24 hours! We knew we were cutting it close so we dtd at the last possible second lol. I was supposed to ovulate tomorrow but it seems to thankfully have come a tad early! I know I always heard the rumor they live for a while but I wasnt positive. Is there anything I can do/avoid to keep em swimming? Aside from singing the song like I have been all day ;)

Sounds promising! I don't think you can do much now except cross fingers and toes!

Sex 1-2 days before O has a better chance than sex on the day of O. So you're still in! :)

I got pregnant after getting a posit OPK 3 days after we had sex. It's possible!

Sex 1-2 days before O has a better chance than sex on the day of O. So you're still in! :)

This is what I've heard. I've heard sex right before + opk is better. Sperm is there waiting for the egg. You are definitely still in. Fingers crossed for you! Good luck!

According to countdowntopregnancy.com, the most common date for conception is 2 days prior to ovulation. So if you BD'd within 48 hours of your O symptoms, you are golden!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->