:: Linzie Sharon Moore - 12.02.2011 ::

Heulyn

Reaction score
Linzie Sharon Moore
6lbs 12oz

My waters broke at about 3.30am on Saturday 12th Feb, after losing lots of plug the day before.
By 4.00am I was getting pains, and had phoned up the ward to see what they wanted me to do - they said to go in and get examined, and by about 4.45am I was told that I was in labour, but only 1-2cms dilated.

I was admitted onto the ante-natal ward at about 8am to sit out my contractions with some co-codamol, and there I waited for the next 7 or so hours.
By 4.00pm I was 5cms dilated, and moved to the delivery suite.
Things get a little hazy after that, because in the next 2 hours I dilated the last 5cms using only the birthing ball and good old Gas'n'Air!

I yelled to the shocked midwife at about 6pm that I had to push, had an uncontrollable urge and all that jazz, and she examined me to find I was fully dilated and ready to go - a big surprise for her, as she hadn't expected that until about ten that evening!

20 minutes of pushing later, and our little Linzie was born crying and placed onto my stomach. Will, now a proud Daddy, cut her cord, bringing all 6lb 12oz of her into the world to be loved.

I had two minor grazes that sting when I pee, but no tears, cuts or stitches.
Linzie fed off each boob for about 10-15mins, then I went for a shower as she pee'd all over me.

All in all, a beautiful textbook birth with my partner and my mum, and my beautiful baby girl.

Congrats we both have baby girls now, hopefully get to meet her soon xxx

perfect birth! Congrats x

I hope my labour goes like that

COngratulations and well done :hugs:

Sounds like a perfect labour - congratulations to you and hubby!

congrats, it sounds like a very smooth normal birth. She was also born on my birthday, so she's very special! :D

Congratulations.

Welcome to the World Linzie, fab name.

V xxxx

Just so wonderful! That was a great birth Leah :cloud9:

Congratulations Heulyn!! What a great birth story. I hope when my time comes it goes like that! :)

She is beautiful! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->