List of things I will need to breastfeed?

I recommend taking complete advantage of your local lactation consultant! I must have gone to the breastfeeding clinic once a week for the first month, and called them with questions every few days! They are amazing. I couldn't have done it without their support… a week into BF my nips were cracked and bleeding and I didn't think I could nurse one more second, but after talking to them on the phone on a Saturday night at like, 11:00pm, they talked me into continuing through the weekend until they could see me on Monday to work on LO's latch. Gave us some simple instructions and I was healed up by the end of the week, now going on 3 months! :)

My must-haves were breast pads (lots of them at first, but I don't need any now), lanolin, a few nursing bras, and layering tank tops so I could use the one shirt up, one shirt down method (especially helpful for nursing in public). I bought a Boppy, but honestly have not used it much for breastfeeding.

There are definitely days when it feels like all you've done is nurse. Clusterfeeding is completely normal behaviour, though many moms doubt if they are producing enough. This is baby's way of increasing your milk.

Kellymom.com is a good resource.

I use a soother, but they can definitely mask the early hunger cues like lip smacking, rooting, and finger sucking. Crying is considered a late sign. So I would just offer it after he was done eating and satisfied but fighting sleep. Once he has it he puts his head to the side and closes his eyes for sleep lol. Many babes don't take to it at all though.

So I'm gonna have to find ways to pre occupy my 3 year old when we have those days!
Thankyou I'm gonna take a look at that site now :flower:

There are definitely days when it feels like all you've done is nurse. Clusterfeeding is completely normal behaviour, though many moms doubt if they are producing enough. This is baby's way of increasing your milk.

Kellymom.com is a good resource.

I use a soother, but they can definitely mask the early hunger cues like lip smacking, rooting, and finger sucking. Crying is considered a late sign. So I would just offer it after he was done eating and satisfied but fighting sleep. Once he has it he puts his head to the side and closes his eyes for sleep lol. Many babes don't take to it at all though.

So I'm gonna have to find ways to pre occupy my 3 year old when we have those days!
Thankyou I'm gonna take a look at that site now :flower:

Yes definitely! We watched more cartoons than I'd like to admit, but thankfully my almost 3 year-old son is very independent and will find things for himself to do.
Lots of washable markers, play-doh, clay, paintable ornaments at Christmas time, and other crafts that can keep him busy during feeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->