Little Buns Crazy Unplanned Birth at 36 Weeks!!

sun

Mum of 3
Reaction score
This is a little late and very long, but here goes!!!

My last day of work was Wednesday, November 11 when I was just shy of 36 weeks. I had originally planned to work all the way up to my due date, but OH accepted a job in another city 5h away (when I was 30 weeks) so we decided to move before I gave birth. OH moved cities at the end of October and I stayed in Toronto with my step-sister and her bf and continued to work. OH was supposed to get me from Toronto the next day (Thursday) but it was postponed until Saturday due to a work deadline.

Anyway, at 11:45 on Friday the 13th, 11h before OH would be there to get me, my water broke. It was not what I expected - there was an audible "pop" and I leaped off the bed and a huge gush - I soaked my pants and another 5 towels (!!!) I called the mw and they said I should go in and get checked since I was preterm - so I got all my belongings (just a bag of clothes I had for work that week) and took a cab to the hospital. My mw met me there and we found out that I couldn't leave since water had broken and I was early - this was 1am. I called OH and told him we were having the baby in Toronto - but that he could sleep for a few more hours (he had been working really long hours) I was having contractions around this time, but not too strong so I started to walk the halls - back and forth for around 3h LOL! The OB had to be involved since he was preterm and he wanted me to get induced - happily I didn't and the walking seemed to do the trick and contraction started strong and sudden around 4am - and which point I was 3cm!

At this point OH called me and said he was driving into the city - the docs said not to rush since it probably wouldn't happen until mid-afternoon (!!) but he left anyway. By 6am, I was checked and was 4cm - every time they checked me though, the next contraction was soooo much worse. So after they found I was between 3-4cm, the next few contractions were off the charts. The next 2 hours were pain! Thank god for my midwife - she kept me focused and sane while they were going on. They lasted about 1.5min and I was having them every 2-3min. So far I had no pain relief but around 8:45am I realized that I might actually die - at this point everyone (including me) thought I was around 4-5cm at the most and I thought - my god, if this is the pain of 4cm, I cannot do 10cm!! So I asked for an epidural - but the anesthetist was in a surgery so I had to wait 1/2h. Over the 1/2 hr OH got there - speeding the entire way - and he walked in to me screaming like a crazy woman! I sent him out into the hall to call family/friends since he seemed beyond stressed. Finally the doc came in and checked me out, saying there would be no epidural - the baby would be here in less than 25min! Apparently I had gone from 4cm to 10cm in about 2h.

Once the pushing started it got much better - OH came back in and I pushed out my adorable son in less than 20min with no drugs at all - not even g/a or an advil LOL! It was amazing! I had one tiny tear inside that didn't require stitches and was up and running in no time. It was a shock to my body not to have a little person in there though - my body went back to normal so fast it was a little traumatic, but I am used to it now - especially since I can hold little bun in my arms now. In the end it worked out - OH got there JUST in time and even though I had no bag packed (we didn't even have a carseat) everything went SO well. I can't thank my midwife enough though - would recommend mw over OB any day of the week!
I am still in amazement that I am a mummy - still getting used to not working crazy hours in a big city, but instead taking care of my wonderful baby boy!! :cloud9:

Here is Innes Cameron - born at 36 weeks at 9:50am on November 14, 2009. The day my life changed forever! :cloud9:

Grats hun, he's gorgeous!! I know what you mean about shock labours too, mine was just over 3 hours :shock: from waters breaking to Evie being delivered, and no pain relief either :happydance:

Congratulations again hun, and well done! :thumbup:

What a lovely birth story :). Congratulations- he's gorgeous as i'm sure you know!

ooo i enjoyed reading that so much!!! well done on the natural birth he is beautiful!

aw lovely! Well done! I always forget you guys dont have mw's as standard over there. Congrats!

Thanks for the kind words girls!!! :hugs:
xx

Awwwk huge congrats!!! :wohoo: he is so cute and gorgeous!! You were originally due today i think...coz i remember you posting you were in labour and i thought wow she was due the same day as me! lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->