Little question about handprints and footprints & messy play...

Blob.

Reaction score
So I want to do a handprint and footprint for fathers day, my son is 7 weeks old.. whats the best paint to use and any other creative ideas like this? Also does anyone do messy play at home? I want to start this -is it too early and what do you do/use?

I've done a few hand and footprints of my son when he was younger and used child friendly ink pads. Less messy and that is certainly what you want if LO is a wriggler! hehe!
A lot of things like, getting prints and taking moulds of LO's feet and hands with casting kits recommend doing it when they are asleep. Maybe you could try that :) The casting kits look really good, though I haven't used them :/

I buy the ready made squeezy paint from ELC for it. We do quite a bit of craft stuff at home and LO loves it

I wanted to make a card for DH with a hand print and footprint for Father's day and I've been wondering what to use as well. I've looked at paint in various shops but I'm not sure if it's the right kind or how easy it would be to use!

Child friendly ink pads might be the way forward!

I wanted to make a card for DH with a hand print and footprint for Father's day and I've been wondering what to use as well. I've looked at paint in various shops but I'm not sure if it's the right kind or how easy it would be to use!

Child friendly ink pads might be the way forward!

Really is! Its less messy, and its easy to clean off and of course non-toxic! :thumbup: Granted I haven't used paints but I can imagine exactly how that would go down! :dohh:

Defanatly ink pads, they sell them in tesco's for about a £1 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->