Livid!

Hopefulk

Dd born 28.11.12
Reaction score
Grr!

Visiting my parents for dad's second birthday and am 12 weeks pregnant. Mum has an old friend who lives close by who has cancer (uterus and ovaries) and has had a full hysterectomy and is currently undergoing chemo. We are hoping to visit her while we're in the uk.

Mum asked how I'm feeling and if I'm " over the sickness yet" so I told her I've been really lucky and although I've been suffering with nausea, I've only thrown up twice but strangely, once was yesterday and I was close again today but had an empty stomach. Then said, "I think it's just because I've had a cough and it's making me gag and then sick" and she said, "I'm sorry but I have a friend who has cancer". The whole room went silent and everyone looked awkward.

Seriously. Does she honestly think that I'm comparing pregnancy symptoms to cancer?! I know I'm very lucky to be pregnant, I've been asking after her friend, I am not comparing the two - I was just being honest with my mum (where if have probably said "absolutely fine " to anyone else who asked). It's really wound me up that she asked how I am but had a go when I told her. I didn't even think I was whinging!

I know she's probably just very upset about her friend - they've known each other since they were 12 - so she is sensitive and I need to offer her some more support. I just needed to vent!

Yes that is frustrating! I would give her a pass this time as obviously she's hurting over her friend.

But if she said something like that again, I'd be having strong words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->