LMP or Ovulation Date?

kerri28

Reaction score
I never thought of this before I starting using OPKs but I have always known when I ovulate from my left side for years because I get severe cramp like something is bursting for about 24 hours like clock work with my Positive OPK. So my question is since I know I ovulated between 27th and 28th due I calculate my due date with that or my LMP? Haven't had a baby in almost 7 years and no idea if my doctor will use my ovulation date or not, will he even ask it?

I know the exact date that I ovulated and it was 4 days earlier than it should have been (CD10), but I've been told the doctor will still go by my LMP...I'm kind of going by both though

I will probably go with LMP because that is what the docs and book all do, so it will be easier, but truthfully I know I ovulated a week late (hence the surprise pregnancy) so the due date and development and everything will be a week off in my mind.

Your doc will probably go by your lmp, but if your ultrasounds show differently they tend to go by that I think. It doesn't really matter in the end because the baby will decide when it's done cooking and is ready to get the new world.

My doc will want to go by my lmp, but my cycles are longer to begin with and this one was especially long. They'll have to go by what size baby is measuring because I did not ovulate two weeks after my period. More like 6 weeks.

I knew when I ovulated but my doc said that they go by LMP up until they do scans to see how far along you are because even though I knew when I ovulated that's not when I implanted, and even though I had a good idea they just say they go by LMP anyway just because it gives a more solid time frame and that's just the universal thing they do with everyone.

I knew my O date as well, and my DR took this into consideration. He gave me an early scan to date just to be on the safe side, and I measured dead on (and still do) with my O date, so he goes by that.

I knew my O date as well, and my DR took this into consideration. He gave me an early scan to date just to be on the safe side, and I measured dead on (and still do) with my O date, so he goes by that.

LoveSanrio, Did they count the amount of weeks since ovulation and then add 2 weeks?

I'm going by lmp and adding 4 days because otherwise the week by week info is all wrong for me.....at 4weeks it was saying I was 3w3d from lmp and that implantation should be happening and yet my hcg was already 163, by adding those 4 days (I od on cd10) the info seems to be matching hcg levels, temp dips etc

LoveSanrio, Did they count the amount of weeks since ovulation and then add 2 weeks?

I'm going by lmp and adding 4 days because otherwise the week by week info is all wrong for me.....at 4weeks it was saying I was 3w3d from lmp and that implantation should be happening and yet my hcg was already 163, by adding those 4 days (I od on cd10) the info seems to be matching hcg levels, temp dips etc

Yes, the 2 weeks was added to it. I O'd March 11th, and I am due Dec. 3rd, which would be 38 weeks later, then add the 2 weeks to make 40 weeks.

My doc used my o date but that was only because I didn't have a period for 2 months but with my first they went by lmp which is usually what they do.

Yes, the 2 weeks was added to it. I O'd March 11th, and I am due Dec. 3rd, which would be 38 weeks later, then add the 2 weeks to make 40 weeks.

Thanks for that lovesanrio. I'm going to continue going by my o date, because then everything I am reading about pregnancy is matching and not behind...early scan on Monday due to having an ectopic a few months ago, so will see how the doctor does it then providing bean is in the right place :flower:

Thanks for that lovesanrio. I'm going to continue going by my o date, because then everything I am reading about pregnancy is matching and not behind...early scan on Monday due to having an ectopic a few months ago, so will see how the doctor does it then providing bean is in the right place :flower:

No problem. I am sure if you are insistent with your DR about knowing the actual day that you conceived, and the scan measurements match up they should allow you to go by that date officially. Good luck!

I think ov date is always more accurate

With that said, ive known my ov date in all four of my pregnancys and never once delevered on that day, nor on the date set by LMP or the date via early scan.

When i had an OB they insisted on LMP but i ekot telling them it was suoer far iff bc i ov late

But w my MWs theyve always gone by my ov date. I

I knew the day I ovulated, told the doctor that and he said without a scan they can't be sure so went on my lmp turned out I was right and got my due date right exactly.

I hate that they trust a machine over a woman knowing her body. :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->