LMP Vs Conception Due Dates

Jary

Mummy to Alice 10/05/13
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether to date my pregnancy from LMP or when I conceived as I believe I ovulated earlier than predicted.

My last period started 2nd August and I ovulated 10 days later on the 12th. My app predicted it would be the 15th.

So. If I go by period I'm 4w3days but if I go by conception it would make me 5 weeks today - or 3 weeks since conception.

What would you go by? Or should I just wait until the 12 week scan to get confirmed dates?

When I called my gynae to make my appointment they went by LMP date since O date is unpredictable

I'd probably just stick with the LMP dates, you'll be pushed forward at your scan then anyway! X

with mine they always went with date of LMP

Thanks ladies. On my apps I'm going by my ovulation date but I have to be at least 6 weeks before I refer myself to the midwives so I'll go by LMP which should be the 13th September :)

I imagine they might say at my 12 week scan that I'm a few days ahead. I think I was in my first pregnancy.

I wasn't sure on ovulation this time but I had an inkling of when ovulation occured, I did have an early scan at what should have been 7 weeks but baby was pushed back 4 days, they struggled to measure and I thought it was one of those things, I changed my due date based on the early scan then and sure enough, at my 12 week scan, I was pushed forward 4 days to what exactly I worked out from day one! That will probably be your case too :)

I wasn't sure on ovulation this time but I had an inkling of when ovulation occured, I did have an early scan at what should have been 7 weeks but baby was pushed back 4 days, they struggled to measure and I thought it was one of those things, I changed my due date based on the early scan then and sure enough, at my 12 week scan, I was pushed forward 4 days to what exactly I worked out from day one! That will probably be your case too :)

Ooh I hope so!!

I went by LMP but I also ovulate early . I got pregnant the one cycle I wasn’t tracking ovulation . At my 12 week scan my pregnancy was dated 5 days earlier ! Most professionals go by the LMP until the scan

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"