LO cannot sleep without me or daddy being in sight or touching distance

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
We cosleep and he sleeps fine. However, while he sleeping he reaches out to check I'm still there every so often. If he can't touch me he opens his eyes and if I'm there he goes back to sleep.

It's not a major issue atm, other than naps while out and about. But as he gets older will he grow out of it? xx

I would imagine the older he gets the more he will do it? Because it's just the norm for him? Don't quote me on it though since I didn't co-sleep

Nope! :rofl:

Well, yes, but sometimes she will wake up and realise I'm not there and come to check I'm still in the house. At first when she moved into her bed I'd just put a massive teddy in with her so if she reached out there was something there, now I'm trying to get her to stop doing it :rofl:

Caitlyn used to do that but got moved into her own room at 7 / 8 months and the first few nights she woke more but as a result she has since adopted a cloth as opposed to me and Liam instead...she only uses it at night and literally holds onto it so maybe introducing a comforter that smells like you both will help if it does become a problem but he might grow out of it :)

Edit: we used to exclusively co-sleep in the mornings too, once she'd woke at night and thats stopped and she know gets up at 6 - 7am without fail and refuses to come into bed with me [goodbye 8am / 9am lie ins! :haha: ] so I think Caitlyn grew out of it more than was forced out of it iygwim?

sam always used to do that, he's just turned one and no longer does it, so there is hope! we didn't do anything to make it change, it just happened gradually as he got bigger.

Shelby did it until I made sure she had a beany winnie the pooh with her to cuddle. I tend to put her down with her blanket over her and winnie the pooh in her arms and pat her to sleep then slowly move away. I kept repeating that and she soon clocked on and went to sleep without us there. Just keep at it for a few weeks and he'll pick up on it soon enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->