LO is moving down but I still can't breathe

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
Where is this air I was promised? :haha: I thought once LO started to drop that there was more room for easier breathing and digestion. Well it's getting even harder to breathe and my heartburn is getting pretty chronic. She's definitely dropped and the midwife confirmed she's working her way down and near engaged. Oh please baby, scoot a little further down - mama wants to breathe! :)

I think torso length plays big roll too. I hope you get some relief soon.

Hmm, I'm 5'4" but have been told it's all leg lol so I guess that's against me.

Hmm, I'm 5'4" but have been told it's all leg lol so I guess that's against me.

I'm having the same issue, baby has definitely moved down but I'm still short of breath. I have also been told baby is 'all leg'... Takes after me I think! 5'10" and 'legs up to my armpits' as my mum would say hehe

:haha: That's a cute saying! My bump grew so fast that DH's family friends keep teasing either she'll be tall like DH's family or there's a hidden twin:wacko:

Haha yeah we were worried there could be a hidden twin for a while, I got big quite quickly. Sounds like your LO could be tall like ours!

She just may be, MIL is my height but the rest are taller :) My family is all over the height map haha

You'll have plenty of time to breathe when she's born ;)

I'm 6ft tall and carried very small and I had trouble breathing up to his birth. He was 20.5 inches so not terribly long.

Haha, it does sound like I'll have to wait until she's born before getting a full breath of air.

I'm 5'11 and she's fully down into my pelvis according to my doctor yet my ribs feel like they are broken! I swear she routinely kicks them along with my lungs.

You're much taller than me! Must be a tall baby you're having :) Tonight feels impossible to breathe and I definitely feel her feet hooking up in my ribs.

You're much taller than me! Must be a tall baby you're having :) Tonight feels impossible to breathe and I definitely feel her feet hooking up in my ribs.

I think she's going to be really tall! I can't wait to meet her. It'll be so nice to snuggle her oh and be able to breathe and sleep without my ribs hurting so bad! I never thought it would be so painful. At least or reminds me that she's okay and moving around.

I think she's going to be really tall! I can't wait to meet her. It'll be so nice to snuggle her oh and be able to breathe and sleep without my ribs hurting so bad! I never thought it would be so painful. At least or reminds me that she's okay and moving around.

I'm super excited to be able to roll over in bed again:haha: Ah, the small things in life! Although goodness what a change, if I think I'm a worry wart now it's only going to get worse once she's out in the world lol

I'm super excited to be able to roll over in bed again:haha: Ah, the small things in life! Although goodness what a change, if I think I'm a worry wart now it's only going to get worse once she's out in the world lol

Oh my gosh I know what you mean. I think I worry now! I'll probably one of those moms standing over their baby while they sleep to make sure they're still breathing. I'm that paranoid. But it'll be so nice to finally meet her :happydance:

Oh yeah, total worry wart:haha: I wanted to get one of those movement monitors but DH isn't so sure so we haven't gotten one yet. I've read they send off a lot of false alarms so :shrug:

What's the movement monitor? That sounds fun! We got a doppler to hear her heartbeat and it saved me from so much anxiety in the beginning. It was wonderful.

I'm happy we got a doppler as well, kept me calm in some panic moments. I still use it time to time if LO is quiet for a day but the midwife assures me she's fine.

The movement monitor is something for the crib or on them that gives off an alarm if no movement is detected after 2 minutes. The one I'm looking into is the Snuza and you clip it to baby's diaper so it's travel friendly compared to the AngelCare system that you place under baby's mattress.

I'm happy we got a doppler as well, kept me calm in some panic moments. I still use it time to time if LO is quiet for a day but the midwife assures me she's fine.

The movement monitor is something for the crib or on them that gives off an alarm if no movement is detected after 2 minutes. The one I'm looking into is the Snuza and you clip it to baby's diaper so it's travel friendly compared to the AngelCare system that you place under baby's mattress.

Now I want one! Thank you I'm going to look into that. She'll be sleeping in our room until she's a lot older but the movement monitor would still make me feel better. It sounds wonderful

Our LO will be staying in our room at the beginning too, but I still want the monitor for peace of mind. My MIL thinks I'm crazy for wanting one:shy:

I just showed my DW the monitor on Amazon and I think we're going to get one. Anything to help keep peace of mind! I think it's a great idea even just to keep anxiety at bay. I remember my mom telling me when I was a newborn she would hold a pocket mirror to my nose to see it fog up to make sure I was breathing. It's not too expensive! We've wasted money on less haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->