LO is starting to wake up during the night?Any idea??

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Just wanting some advice...my LO usually sleeps through the night from 8pm to 7am however for the last few weeks he has been waking up between 4am and 5am...he is not crying he is just making cooing noises so i can hear him...he tends to be pretty much awake from that time up till 7am drifting off occasionally...i asked my HV and she told me he is teething however wouldn't i know he is?? I can't feel anything on his gums...is she right...is this the start of teething and i just havent been aware?? Im sure he is not hungry when he wakes up...anyone had the same experience?? Am i doing the right thing by letting him drift on and off to sleep or should i start the morning with his this early?? xx

If he's not bothered by it I would just let him be untill then.

I agree, he seems happy enough so I'd leave him be :)

Do you think it is teething though?? Is that one of the signs??

I'm not sure TBH, Hannah's a little younger. I think I read that it can be a sign of teething though

Max used to sleep all night until 1 month ago when his teething started to really kick in bad ..now he wakes up and whines for about 20 min then falls asleep again ..Signs of teething are lack of sleep, appitite (sP) and drool ..U wont always see the bumps on the gums

Tabs has started doing this too sometimes i just pop dummy in again and again although the bedroom is quite dark when i tried once at about 4 am today i had great difficulty as i leaned across...felt for the mouth hole and tried getting dummy in and Tabs kept turning her head back and forth ...after about 5 attempts i realised it was her ear! :dohh:
Anyway i was thinking it was hunger/nappy change but maybe this is it.
She gets a bit fussy in the day with it and i got her some GREAT sachet things from boots....its like a powder and totally homeopathic(sp) boots own brand teething powder or something. i give it to her if she is fussy before a nap and put dummy in and she goes straight to sleep! i might try this tonight and report back if it works. Goodluck if anything works for you

abby has been doing this to she usually sleeps 7 or 8 till 7 in the morning but she is waking always at 4 sometimes at 1 and last 2 nights even more than that. Maybe teeth?

Well Tabs woke at 4.45 stirring and doing weird noises and trying to eat her hands. Pretty sure she is not hungry too and im refusing to get up at that time in case her routine changes so every 10 mins the dummy went in but tbh she didnt want it...over and over and over and over and over zzzzzzzI tried that teething powder but didnt really make a difference but does through the day.
Maybe we just have to wait it out?

How did you get on last night?

how bizarre...

tommy did exactly the same thing at 330 this mornin, at 430 i had tried the dummy god knows how many times, ssshhhh'd in his ear, tickled his face etc etc i gace him a bottle at 430 as i was so tired..he took it but then lay there still doing the same chewing his fists dribbling and making strange noises... he finally settled about 6 ish and i had to get up at 630 ggrrhh lol

h x

maybe they are secretly communicating to each other :rofl:

well as said in the lonley hearts section...he is a ladies man lol

h x

Hey Sonny...well my LO woke up at around 5am...had a long winge...bit of a cry...sucked his hand continuously...(must be teething) but finally fell back asleep at 6.10am thankgod and woke up at 8.30am...im going to try bonjela now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->