LO poorly and off food

brunettebimbo

Mum of 2 Boys!
Reaction score
Tristan is poorly again but really isn't himself. He's full of cold, has an annoying cough and is pumping for England! My problem is he's off his food but is clearly hungry. The only thing he seems to be eating is banana but I think he's constipated so banana won't be helping. Do I carry on giving him banana so that he's at least eating something or just hope he will eat something else eventually?

If you are feeling upto it I would say withold the banana and offer him a plate with several other options on. If he is hungry and physically capable of eating something other than banana then he will eventually.

If you don't feel upto that then how about coating the banana in something? Like dipped in yoghurt or pureed fruit just to start reintroducing some other foods. And how about small amounts of diluted orange juice to drink to help with the constipation?

Lx

^^^ WSS and maybe some soup. when nicole is off food i make up some soup and make it abit thick. she would eat soup all day every day if i let her. all i do is peel and chop up some pops into small bits, some onion and some stock, boil till pops are soft (about 20mins). done. i dont even use a blender, just mash up the pops.

If they are under the weather food isn't important. As long as they are getting fluids, that's the main thing. Let LO eat as much or little as he wants for now, just make sure fluids are kept up.

Madeline is poorly and on antibiotics. She hasn't eaten properly for nearly a week now. Doc has assured me it's fine as long as she is drinking. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->