LO refusing cow's milk

pat007

Reaction score
Moms my LO is 1y 1month old. I started introducing cow's milk and he liked for few days but after that he is completely refusing it. I tried with sippy cup, bottles but still nothing worked. he just wants to BF and saying no no to bottle and cups. Any change I can make, that would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

I would agree with maybe warming the milk also with my lo we started with cows milk in his cereal for a good few days before we gave it to him to drink just by itself and he seemed to get on great with it then had no problem moving onto drinking it alone from a supply cup or bottle, think with most it's just a case of gradually getting their taste buds and wee tummys used to the different taste ect :flower:

Can you try mixing it with breast milk? The taste will obviously be different, so it might be worth trying to do 1/4 cow's milk, 3/4 breast milk and see how that goes and then gradually increasing the amount if you're able to express. This is often what's done with FF babies as the taste of cow's milk is very different than formula, and of course, the same goes for breast milk. I imagine if he's not used to having a bottle or cup, he's probably wanting the closeness that BF provides, rather than just to fill his tummy. Then it might be helpful to have someone else offer it rather than mummy as obvious BF will be preferable to a cup or bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->