LO sleeping on their front

funkym

Reaction score
My LO has colic and doesnt tend to sleep very well so my sister in law suggested putting him on his front and he slept sooooo much better last night!! I kept on checking on him as I was worried. Does anyone put their LO on their front??? xx

Both my oldest and my youngest slept on there tummys from about 4 weeks, it was after they could turn there heads but they just wouldnt settle any other way.

It used to be recommended I think? Things change all the time. Do what's best for you

Chase was a gassy baby and I noticed that he slept best on my chest. When I put him on his back, he would sleep a short period of time. So, knowing he slept better on my chest, I tried him on his stomach and he slept much longer. I have put him on his stomach to sleep since week 6.

I was wondering if LO is old enough now to sleep on his stomach as he can already crawl and stand, but I dont have the guts to do it

I dont... but someone I know did... im too paranoid... lol

i think its fine...i've let brianna sleep on her tummy before as my mom let me do it when I was a baby and I'm obviously ok. Things like that change all the time MIL was telling me when DH was a baby it was recommended they sleep on their side so thats how she made him sleep

Danny's been on his tummy basically from the beginning. First 3 weeks on my chest and then we moved him to his crib. He just flat out would not settle on his back. Period.

In the US the doc's recommend only back sleeping but both my little ones I put on their stomachs, lots of babies prefer to sleep that way but you do have to be comfortable with your decision or YOU might not sleep at all :)

She slept on her back untill she learned how to roll over, since then even if placed on her back she'll just flip over. I slept on my tummy since birth when I was little so I'm not to nervous about it. If your worried you could always get one of those breathing monitors.

Every since Jack could turn over himself he always sleeps on his front now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->