LO wont be held to BF?

Vicki_Cream

Little Miss Molly xxx
Reaction score
My DD has recently started getting really angry when I try to hold her to breastfeed, but she will usually feed absolutely fine if I lay down on my bed and feed her. Sometimes she is really fussy and will nurse for few minutes, pull away, then nurse again. This is fine all the time we are at home, but it can make life difficult when we are out and about lol.

She is teething at the moment, but she's been teething since she was 3 months, and this refusal to be held to be fed is a new thing.

She is a cuddly baby and is happy to be held and carried about all day. I'm baffled.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be that she is getting to hot being held? Or do you think she just doesn't want to breastfeed anymore?

Is she looking around? Distracted? Around that age LOs may dislike feeling confined and simply cannot STAND to miss out on anything around them. Lying down in a quiet room? Okay I can nurse. Anything else going on? Why must you torture me by holding me still!

Haha that's a good point actually, I now have to feed her in the bedroom away from the tv etc as she was being too nosey, and I've had to ban my OH from coming anywhere near us or peaking whilst bf as she pulls away and goes all googley eyed at Daddy :dohh: :haha:

Hi Vicki
Is it possible that you have an over-active let down? That could cause your milk pouring very fast for your LO to swallow and make her frustrated. When you lie down, gravity is on her side, so maybe that's why she's happy nursing that way...

I do actually, when she was tiny I had to un-latch her and hold a muslin up to my boob until the flow slowed otherwise she would choke. I hadn't thought about that, thanks :flower:

Could she have a sore neck. It happened with my DD.

I don't think so? She seems to hold her head up and move it around fine with no issues, and I can touch her neck and shoulder without any negative reaction? It's so difficult when we can't ask them what is wrong lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->