Location of Heartbeat With Doppler...

LiLi2

Reaction score
At first I thought the heartbeat would be found very low, right above my pelvic bone. I had trouble finding it when I was looking there. Well, I can now locate it consistently... But it's much higher than I would have expected. More like 1/2 way between my belly button and pubic bone. Anyone else finding the heartbeat at around 9 weeks much higher than expected?

That's interesting! I've been looking for it just above my pubic bone and found nothing but I saw a woman on YouTube showing hers at 8 weeks and it was around there - higher up. This is my second baby and I think my uterus is already a bit above my pubic bone.

I'll have to check again now :)

Yes, check higher! Let me know if you find it there... I feel like an oddball having it so high so early on. Lol wonder if that means I'll carry higher. Who knows.

No idea :shrug:

Mine was still right down near my pubic bone at 12 weeks. It only moved up around 14 weeks.

Try googling it you may find others the same, you could just be carrying high like you said. If it was 120bpm or over its defo baby x

does anyone know when you can start using a doppler to locate heartbeat?

No idea :shrug:

Mine was still right down near my pubic bone at 12 weeks. It only moved up around 14 weeks.

Try googling it you may find others the same, you could just be carrying high like you said. If it was 120bpm or over its defo baby x

Definitely baby. Here is a video from the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIrhfsIKcUM

Kayheyy: I found it for the first time at 8w2d, though some ladies don't find it until around 12 weeks.

My doctor had trouble finding baby's heartbeat the other day because she was looking too high. At 14 weeks I was pretty sure it would be higher, but she find it right down by the pubic bone. It's funny how everyone is just so different.

I am really surprised that my little Gummy Bear is located up much higher than I thought as well! Not too close to my pubic bone, and almost to the middle between bone and belly button. It is funny to me. The new thing Gummy does is move away from the doppler... which I think is crazy that they can move away!

Glad I'm not the only one, MrsGax! Funny that your little guy is moving away! I haven't had that yet... that I've noticed anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->