Lochia, help please!

Expecting1

Reaction score
Ok so stop now if you don't want TMI lol

*I just spoke to midwife, she told me what to watch out for* but......
What do you consider "filling a pad"???? I noticed on the toilet that my loss was dripping, but only for a minute, and I can't really gage how much is considered "too much" *I'll be making a dr appointment tomorrow*
When I change my pad, what I consider full, is only about 4inches long and about as wide as the pad.... is that what the midwife would say is full?
I just changed at 8:20 so I'm going to do an even amount of sitting and standing in the next hour.
I think I'm having some crampy pains.... I can't tell.... maybe it's because I'm focusing on that area in case I actually do have pain haha.

I would call and ask if you're worried, there's nothing to be lost by asking them.

By full they tend to mean FULL as in leaking and completely absorbd. Tat does sound pretty normal. My flow varied day to day. I did also get some cramps, see how you feel if you are worried go to ooh docs but I think u will be ok til tomorrow. Xxx

I was told to go to the ER if I filled a pad in an hour. Best to call and check just in case!

Thanks ladies. At the hour mark I checked and it wasn't even close to any interpretation of "full" lol. Must have just been a little episode to give me a heart attack lol.

I was super paranoid about my lochia so I sympathize with you! What others have said is correct: if you soak one pad in one hour then it's best to get checked out. Personally, my lochia varied wildly and decided to start up, quite strong again, at 5 weeks. But all was well and eventually it DOES go away! Then you just have to cross your fingers that your period stays far away for a very long time :D

i usually get an episode of bleeding in the toilet even in a normal period..i know what u mean..its horrifying to see a toilet full of blood and ur thing is dripping...

As long as u dont fill a pad COMPLETELY in an hour..id think its normal..:) but u can always call the dr for reassurance which is the best decision to feel relieved

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->