Logan's Birth Story! (Positive C-sec... LONG)

TiffanyF

Reaction score
Its taken me days to write this because every time I found a moment and tried to start it my eyes would involuntary close rofl, it might of been the 2 hrs of sleep each night I got.

My c-section was scheduled for 11/22/11 at 6:30am (I was 39w2d). We had to get there at 4:30 am. Got to the hospital feeling excited, although I had been very nervous the days prior, the pre-op appt the day before really soothed my nerves. They had me change in a gown, seeing the gown on the bed, I got a lil emotional pulled it together, it hit me I was about to meet my son.

They started my IV, I have low blood pressure, it drops a lil when they do a IV I instantly felt super nausea and light headed. They assured me it was normal and gave me a little oxygen, I felt better chit chatting with my husband and the nurse till we were ready to go.

They took me back and into the operating room, I swear that was a "oh my god no turning back now" moment. They started my spinal block, which honestly was the thing I was most nervous about. The spinal block took a few minutes to do, only pain was the initial pinch, no worse then the IV, she had to move it around and before I knew it my legs were going numb. I felt completely numb, the only bad thing was I felt like I couldn't swallow, which they had warned me about and I gagged and spit up the antacid medicine they had given me. I was really getting anxiety about not being able to swallow, my husband wasn't back there yet, because all this happen within just a few minutes of the spinal block, everyone was still setting up. My husband came in, I was still having anxiety about the not being able to swallow. The nurse started using this suction straw (like at a denist office) and I instantly felt better! (If you are having a csec ask to hold the suction straw) as soon I had control over suctioning out my mouth I felt 150 times better very comfortable and sleepy. They started the procedure, I could feel the tugging and pulling and pushing on my upper stomach, honestly it felt like a massage, not uncomfortable at all. My husband kept telling me to wake up as I was so comfortable and medicated.

All of a sudden I heard “He’s coming out” and a LOUD wailing. The nurses commented on how beautiful he was and that he had a cute dimple on his chin. He scored a 9 out of 10 on the apgar score. Rick got to trim the cord. They brought the baby over for a kiss and snuggle. Then Rick and Logan went to the nursery to be weighed and stuff while I was being stitched up.
They wheeled us to the recovery room and from there we were a family.

Logan went straight for the boob and has had zero issues with latch. He’s not been too fussy. My recovery has been SUPER FAST and easy. Seriously they took out the catather and I was up and sitting in a chair after 8 hrs, by 12 hrs I was walking the halls in the hospital….Its mind over matter, I said from the start I wanted to get up as soon as possible. Its amazing how quick the parenting instincts takes over. We were discharged from the hospital 50 hrs from C-sec, on Thanksgiving. Went home for a few hours before going over to my MIL’s for Thanksgiving. Yesturday we went to the grocery store. Logan hasn’t had any artificial nipples (no paci’s no bottles!) so when he cries if we can’t soothe him onto the boob he goes. But after months of not sleeping during the pregnancy I think I’m getting more sleep now! Its so cliché but you really do fall in love.

Only issue I’ve had was baby blues for two days which dr said its normal. I was crying over everything. I’m surprised my husband could keep a straight face lol cause it was getting crazy. Thank god it seems to of passed rofl. I was holding Logan just crying that I don’t ever want him to grow up, I was crying that I love him so much, I was crying cause my mom bought too big of a ham for thanksgiving!

Anyway sorry I wrote a book! Rofl. Hope everyone has as easy and wonderful a experience.

Attachments

• DSC_0401.jpg
    DSC_0401.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0374.jpg
    DSC_0374.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0259.jpg
    DSC_0259.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0341.jpg
    DSC_0341.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0372.jpg
    DSC_0372.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 10
More pics

Attachments

• logan.jpg
    logan.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Logan1.jpg
    Logan1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 5
Very nice. I love your description of your c-section. I want a massage!!!! LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->