London Baby show...

Kota

Mum and Preg!
Reaction score
So, who's going to the one in October?
I've just bought my tickets online (£12.95 each!!) for me and my OH!! Can't wait, I'll be 27 wks when it rolls around and am looking forward to doing some shopping!!

Anyone else planning on attending this?
Have you been to one in the past? Pick up any bargins/deals etc?

We're going! I haven't been to the baby show before, but have been to the Ideal Home Show, so imagine it's the same sort of set up. And if so, there will be plenty of bargains to be had and opportunities for price negotiation! BUT... if you're working to a budget, you've got to go in with a fairly clear idea of what you actually NEED, as you'll be overwhelmed by clever gadgets, cute stuff, innovative safety devices etc, which are fun to browse, but may actually be an unnecessary expense when it comes down to it. Unfortunately I'm a salesperson/demonstrator's dream shopper, so I'm trying to get into the thrifty mindset now!

I'm going with a good friend on the saturday- can't wait! Ordered the bargain tickets online :D I've never been before :happydance:

Ive heard some of my friends got some amazing deals on prams and they're really funky idea's and bit and bobs you can buy. x

We're going! I haven't been to the baby show before, but have been to the Ideal Home Show, so imagine it's the same sort of set up. And if so, there will be plenty of bargains to be had and opportunities for price negotiation! BUT... if you're working to a budget, you've got to go in with a fairly clear idea of what you actually NEED, as you'll be overwhelmed by clever gadgets, cute stuff, innovative safety devices etc, which are fun to browse, but may actually be an unnecessary expense when it comes down to it. Unfortunately I'm a salesperson/demonstrator's dream shopper, so I'm trying to get into the thrifty mindset now!

Thats why I'm taking my OH!!! I'm the same, will spend until I can't possibly spend anymore... he is a bit more realistic and will keep a tab on what we need and what we don't!!

I'm going as well, although my OH is probably worse than me for being taken in by gadgets. It will be just after my 21 week scan so I will be dying to buy stuff there!

I really want to go but my OH is not sure. He said that we would spend a lot of money just to get there. We live in Kent so only an hours journey if that.

Are we talking about the one at Earls Court in October? I've seen tickets for £15.95 not £12.95? x x

I really want to go but my OH is not sure. He said that we would spend a lot of money just to get there. We live in Kent so only an hours journey if that.

Are we talking about the one at Earls Court in October? I've seen tickets for £15.95 not £12.95? x x

yep, thats the one!!
the latest copy of Prima Baby & Pregnancy has a special offer in it. if you go to the www.thebabyshow.co.uk website and buy the tickets and enter the code EC13 then the first 1000 tickets are only £12.95!! They also have a deal that is 2 tickets, car parking and lunch which might suit you guys better!

You're a star thank you very much x x MWAH x x

no worries!! your OH won't be able to complain to much now! lol

I wanted to go seems i missed out on brum 1... but im undecided atm, i may just save my money.

I am going with my OH. We booked the tickets that you get the tommee tippee bottle pack with worth £7.99

sooooooo excited!! Just looked online and have seen that the Excel centre one is the day of and the two days after my 20 week scan!! Woohoo!!
Am going to ask my mum and MIL if they'd like to go, as my OH would not cope.....shopping is NOT his thing, LOL!!
Thank you so much for this thread :)

If i was still in london and working i would be going!! ... but im not... :(

sooooooo excited!! Just looked online and have seen that the Excel centre one is the day of and the two days after my 20 week scan!! Woohoo!!
Am going to ask my mum and MIL if they'd like to go, as my OH would not cope.....shopping is NOT his thing, LOL!!
Thank you so much for this thread :)

hahhaa.. shopping isn't my OH's thing at all... however I think he figures that if he comes he can at least somewhat keep an eye on how much I spend rather then just letting me run riot with the credit card! :haha:
That.. and if he comes on the Saturday then I'll just let him play XBox all day Sunday while I play with lots of new baby things! :happydance:

so what happens at the baby show? ive never been and never heard of it :blush: i might coax my OH to go.x

I really wanted to go but will be 39 weeks pregnant!! & going probably wouldnt be my brightest idea as live over an hour away from there - just in case LO decides to make an appearance! Hope you all have a great time though, it is meant to be fab! xx

so what happens at the baby show? ive never been and never heard of it :blush: i might coax my OH to go.x

www.thebabyshow.co.uk

I've not been to one before but my understanding is that its pretty much your standard exhibition show, home show/food and wine show etc set up. but with lots and lots of baby related things! and from all reports, lots of bargins and deals to be had!

they have started to list some of the offers that will be available on the website now!

My OH is working there and also works for the ticket agency so I get to go for freeee :happydance: =D ! xX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->