Long birth story!

mooseyk

Reaction score
I've been lurking on these forums for a while now and never posted so i thought after having my little girl i would write up a birth story as i need to get it out my system! Nobody seems to care about you when you've had a pretty little princess!

Anyway, i started having contractions about 11pm on the 1st of july, i was convinced that they were false and decided to sit through them for an hour before ringing my partner (he finished work at 12pm so it was conveniently just as he was finishing work!). I rang the hospital and they told me to go straight in.

At the hospital they did the usual checks and prods and said i was 4cm and let me doss about for a few hours before they would check me again. At about 4am i asked for the gas and air and at 6am i got the morphine! The morphine compleeeetly slowed me down and my contractions started getting further apart and less painful. They checked me again and i was only 4 and a half cm. They were just deciding to send me down to the assesment centre when they checked my blood pressure and it was too high to send me. I was instantly hooked up to the bp machine which went off every 15 minutes. They also hooked me up to a monitor for baby and contractions.

At about 7am they came and checked everything over and did more prods and told me that baby was back to back! which my midwife had neglected to tell me so it was a complete shock! They told me to bounce on a ball to try and turn her and also walk about. Hours seemed to whir by going about my business and then i decided to ask for more morphine!

As my waters hadnt broken they decided that it was time to pop them- this happened about 3pm! The first midwife couldnt do it so after about 10 minutes of trying went and got someone else who was very rough to say the least! My waters were bright green as baby had pooed!! I was hooked up to monitor baby again and told i wasnt able to take this off now unless i needed to go to the toilet, and as baby had moved a bit to the side i had to lay on my side to pick up her heart beat which was excruciating!

At about 5pm i wanted an epidural as i had had enough! The lady came in and said i was one of the best people she had injected as i hadnt even moved! :happydance: i was very proud of that for some reason! The epidural was soooo gooood! but because of babies position it wasnt as effective as it should have been :growlmad: I was sooo tired at this point as well as the previous day i had been up at 5pm after a very bad nights sleep! So between contractions i was asleep straight away and id wake up for contractions and say something stupid! My OH said i was asking if snails had eyes and who had stole my cheesy dunkers!! I was fully dilated at about 6pm!

At about 7:30pm i started REALLLLY needing to poo :blush: i was CONVINCED i was going to poo all over the bed so everytime i woke up i SCREAMED that i needed to poo and everytime i realised they still were doing nothing i would start crying and shouting that nobody was taking me seriously! Finally they got my a bedpan and id push and push and nothing would come haha. Then they decided they were taking it away as i was pushing and i did not like that!! They told me that as i was getting really strong urges to push that that was my baby! So at 9pm i pushed and pushed and at 9:22pm she was born weighing 7lb11 :) I can honestly say looking back i REALLY enjoyed pushing as it felt like such a relief!!!

Baby was bright green because she had pooed but still gorgeous! and i had the doctor get straight in there to see if i had torn.

I had a stitch and for days was so sad and felt so rubbish and i think it prevented me from bonding with babe as much:cry:! I hate to admit it but i wasn't myself and just felt sorry for myself as i didnt have time to even have time for a bath for 2 days (after the 2 days in hospital as well!) and the inlaws came round AS SOON as i got in from hospital! I just went upstairs and cried. I know people have a gazzilion more stitches than that and i hold my hands up to them they are troopers as i think the whole after experience is so much more horrid. Gladly i'm back to myself and can't imagine life without my little bundle.

I just wanted to add the end bit because i don't want people to go into it thinking afterwards they will be about and going on all the long walks they planned (although i bet theres some superstars out there that do!) and know that they aren't alone, of course i loved her all the time but i love her so much much much more now, it does get better!

Hope this made sense and wasn't TOO lengthy and boring haha

xxx

Huge congrats for your baby girl! Why were you so upset about one stitch though? I dont really understand. Maybe you are experiencing baby blues? Sorry hun and hope you feel better :hugs:

Well done hun, sounds like you had a bit of a time though-trust me i know the feeling, and about how you felt after. All gets better though.
Well here's to hoping my next and last time wont be as bad as our first!x

COngratulations hun and thanks for sharing your experience.

Huge congrats for your baby girl! Why were you so upset about one stitch though? I dont really understand. Maybe you are experiencing baby blues? Sorry hun and hope you feel better :hugs:

It wasn't just the stitch but, the stitch absolutely hurt so much and i couldn't sit down properly for a while because i had a bruises everywhere i had a bruise in my back and hand as well as my arms, her first nappy was changed by the pediatrician because i only had one hand i felt so useless! I think it must have been a bit of baby blues!

Much better now though :) thanks all

congrats hun. and welcome to bnb.

stitches are the worst pain ever!!! im right there with ya! glad ur feeling better now! :hugs:

Hun you pushed a melon out of your vajaja! One stitch or fifty stiches its still gonna be ouchie so dont feel bad about saying you were sore! I was one of the unlucky ones with 50 stitches bleugh!
Congratulations on your princess it gets better and better each day!! Xx

Glad you are feeling better hun. I'm definitely not looking forward to my poor vagina tearing :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->