Long Contractions / Hardening of Uterus

redneckhippy

Reaction score
So I have bene getting BH's since early second trimester, but recently I have been experiencing these long contractions where my whole stomach area just hardens up and stays that way for a good amount of time. Like before it was more get hard and release, but now it just gets hard and doesn't release for a bit. Does anyone else get this? Is this anything to be concerned about?

I've been getting those too. I'm still fully pregnant and baby is fine. I would like to hear others take on it as well.

I get these all the time... I just thought they were braxton hicks or i blame it on the baby's position. Would be good to know what actually causes them.

Yes I've been getting them too. I think as you get further along they intensify a little. I dont recall haveing bh tightenings like this with DD!

Yeah the tightening is just getting really intense and it's all the way from the top of my stomach by my ribcage now, not just down at the bottom. Sitting down or peeing or changing what I was doing used to relieve the BH, but now they seem to keep up regardless of what I do.

I get those too, definetely more often and intense this week. I was told to drink water and lay down and if they come 6 per hour for 2 hours go to hospital. Sometimes they are 10 minutes apart but they always eventually ease up

I had BHS with my daughter from literally 14 weeks constantly all day every day. I went to the hospital a few times for reduced movement and they put a trace on and the midwife told me that my BHs were very strong

I only had my daughter two days early so it didn't mean anything in terms of early labour. I think I also have an irritable uterus if I moved a certain way or my bladder was full I would get them x

I get these too and was just about to post a question about them.

I started getting them about 30 weeks but they have gradually got stronger and feel like very strong period type cramps in the last few days.

I assumed they were braxton hicks or just my uterus getting ready for birth but I'm not sure. I find they last about 30 mins or thereabouts, but I thought BHs were only meant to be for a few seconds?

I also find they are worse in the evenings and when I lay down, anyone else find that?

Mine also last between 40 seconds to over a minute which I thought was too long. And I do notice mind during the evening more too

I get whole-stomach BH contractions while walking. Seems like I can't tell when they start and stop, they just force me to stop walking while they ease up and as soon as I walk again they start again. My baby clearly just wants me to chill, lol.

I think if you're really worried, it doesn't hurt to call the doc/midwife. I'm not worried because I know mine go away with rest. If you can't get them to stop and they are really frequent, I'd probably just call to ease my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->