Long Cycles

JadeyB

Mummy of 2 (1 Angel baby)
Reaction score
Hi there,

Anyone NTNP with long cycles. I've only had 2 AF's since I had my LO 10 months ago (I was BFing), but each have been 39 days long. When I was trying for my DS my cycles were anything between 18 and 52 days.

Anyone else in a similar position?

Although I'm trying not to get to obsessive about my fertile days, I do sometimes wonder when they are!!

:)

My cycles seem to be around 30 days so I can't relate, but it will probably take your body some time to re-adjust after you've stopped BFing. When did you stop?

hi.... when we were NTNP with charlie.. i came of pill last july... and i hd a 30 something day cycle.. tested late august and BFN.... then my AF showeed few days later, then i had another 30 something cycle and AF showed, then i had a 43 day cycle and still n AF i got my BFP... my cycles ot longer each tim by a day or 2, then my 43 day cycle i tested.....

ive never had regulr periods..... we lost charlie 7 weks ago and now have decied to NTNP ad i just had m first AF since h was born, now waiting for my next ne.... xxx

My cycles seem to be around 30 days so I can't relate, but it will probably take your body some time to re-adjust after you've stopped BFing. When did you stop?

Thanks hon, I stopped BFing when Ethan was 6 months and AF came back when he was about 8 months I think.

When not on the pill, I've always had really irregular periods, so I think that it will probably stay this way.

X

hi.... when we were NTNP with charlie.. i came of pill last july... and i hd a 30 something day cycle.. tested late august and BFN.... then my AF showeed few days later, then i had another 30 something cycle and AF showed, then i had a 43 day cycle and still n AF i got my BFP... my cycles ot longer each tim by a day or 2, then my 43 day cycle i tested.....

ive never had regulr periods..... we lost charlie 7 weks ago and now have decied to NTNP ad i just had m first AF since h was born, now waiting for my next ne.... xxx

Hi mummymarsh,

I am so sorry to hear that you lost baby Charlie. I have a little idea of what you are feeling right now and it is hell. We lost a little girl Amelia at 24+2 weeks just over 2 years ago.

Do you have any idea why he came so early? I had IC due to treatment for cervical cancer a couple of years earlier.

If ever you want to talk, please message me. Xx

jadeyB -

yes i know what happened.... echogenic bowel showed at my 19 week scan and it turns out i picked up an infection during early pregnancy (likely frm working at my daughters nursery) and it was passed on to Charlie and uncureable... he also contracted parvovirus which comes from slappled cheek, also from daughters nursery... :(

if he survived he would have been sevrely brain damaged so it was termination :( or we prayed he went on his own when he was ready....

i had a test similar to amnicentesis (except the took sample from charlie himself rather thaan placenta or fluids) on the thursday and by monday my midwife couldnt find heart beat... :( i felt sadness but relief he wasnt going to go throuh any more pain

xx

Mummymarsh - :hugs: That is such a tough decision for any parents to have to make. You are very brave. I hope you soon get the blessing of another little one that you deserve so much.

JadeyB - I have long cycles too, CD27 today and I think I might have ovulated yesterday or Thursday, so heading for almost a 40 day cycle I reckon. My last AF was my first since having my LO so I've no idea what my cycle is going to be like. I'm still breastfeeding but my cycles were always long even before I had him.

hi jadeyB, I suffer from irregular cycles, it started happening majorly to me back in June last year where I went 87 days before AF showed her ugly face. Since then a 55, 68, 58,55 and then a 56 day cycle. They are so random but luckily I am starting to see a pattern (thanks to fertility friend :))

Hi Everyone!

Jadey B - I have irregular cycles. I stopped BC 7 months ago and have had cycles anywhere from 36 days to 3 months. I think it is just taking my body a bit to remember how to function without the artificial hormones... at least that's what I have to believe to keep my sanity!

MummyMarsh - I am so sorry for your loss. What a hard thing to have to go through.

jadeyB -

yes i know what happened.... echogenic bowel showed at my 19 week scan and it turns out i picked up an infection during early pregnancy (likely frm working at my daughters nursery) and it was passed on to Charlie and uncureable... he also contracted parvovirus which comes from slappled cheek, also from daughters nursery... :(

if he survived he would have been sevrely brain damaged so it was termination :( or we prayed he went on his own when he was ready....

i had a test similar to amnicentesis (except the took sample from charlie himself rather thaan placenta or fluids) on the thursday and by monday my midwife couldnt find heart beat... :( i felt sadness but relief he wasnt going to go throuh any more pain

xx

:hugs: I'm so sorry that you faced such a heartbreaking decision. I hope that you are blessed with another little one very soon. Xx

Stupid question - does AF always show 2 weeks after ovulation? X

It really depends on your Luteal Phase. For most people it's 14 days but the normal range is 12-16. For some people it's even shorter and special vitamins should be taken to lengthen it in order for implantation to occur.

It can also be delayed because of a chemical pregnancy and probably other things....

i have irregular periods so can never tell when im ovulating.. im not into all that charting and temping, so i gust do sexy time every other day from CD 12-CD20 Cover all my bases :haha:

Thanks girls, that probably means my fertile time is right about now. Better get on it - lol! Xx

my cycles were regular when i came out of pill, around 30 days, but after 4 months started get irregular, everymonth longer, and this months is alread 47 days and still didnt come, and i am not pregnant...i think i gonna give up trying get pregnant by now...i am not dealing well with the stress

Hi i'm new here and sine i have went off the pill almost 6 months ago i have only had 3 periods. My fiance and i have decided that we are not going to use preotection and just let nature takes its course. However i would like a little one as soon as possible. it seems like everyone around me is pregnant or has little ones. Any advice on how to improve my chances?

Add me to the long cycles club! I'm new here, but wanted to chime in. I've had long cycles since HS; but apparently it hasn't hurt us in the TTC department. ;) I have four kiddos, each once concieved first month. We are currenty not trying/not preventing; I got off BCP in May--my first cycle was 48 days, second cycle 58 days, and third cycle 42 days. This is our first cycle not preventing, and so far I'm on CD 39...I also have no idea if I've ovulated or not, so right now I'm just testing every days and waiting on a BFP or AF to start. Long cycles are so frustrating.

Add me to the long cycles club! I'm new here, but wanted to chime in. I've had long cycles since HS; but apparently it hasn't hurt us in the TTC department. ;) I have four kiddos, each once concieved first month. We are currenty not trying/not preventing; I got off BCP in May--my first cycle was 48 days, second cycle 58 days, and third cycle 42 days. This is our first cycle not preventing, and so far I'm on CD 39...I also have no idea if I've ovulated or not, so right now I'm just testing every days and waiting on a BFP or AF to start. Long cycles are so frustrating.

When you conveived your children did you come off BCP right away?

Big hugs to those who have so sadly lost little ones :hugs: xxx

I have just come off the pill 2 weeks ago after 6 years of being on it, so I am still waiting to find out what my cycles will be like. But before I went on the pill they were always between 35-42 days. Before I ever thought about kids I thought long cycles were great, as it meant less AF's! But now I am older and wiser and want babies, I do worry that it will make it more difficult to concieve? (long cycles = obviously less ovulations per year than someone with 28-day cycles?). So it's reassuring to see other people with long cycles who have got pregnant!

While I was on the pill my cycles were all over the place - I was on the mini-pill (Femulen) and could go 2 or 3 months with no AF, and then get 2 visits in 3 weeks. Really really strange! That is part of the reason why I have come off the pill now even though we aren't 'officially' TTC until April, as I want to get myself back to a normal cycle.

I am really nervous about my cycles returning to normal - I am a bit scared that they'll never return to normal and carry on being all over the place like they were on the pill! But if they go back to how they were before the pill, I am expecting 35-42 days again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->